Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Differences In Models (Gs 450H 2007)

Hi all, I am new here, and I am looking to buy a GS 450h.

However, I am very confused about the available models/trims.

From Lexus website I found out we have:

3.5 SE

3.5 SE-L

3.5 Sport

3.5 F-Sport

3.5 Luxury

3.5 Premier

Is there a website stating the differences?

TBH I am only interested in the first 3, as I think the rest are over my budget :)

I 'd like to know what's better in SE / SE-L over the first one with no letters at all.

I searched everywhere, found tons of other info, but not this for the 2006/2007/2008 model.

Most likely I am gonna go for the 2007 if I find the right one. It has to be within £10K

I have seen a 2006 SE today and frankly just what I want, but I was wondering what's NOT in the one without letters.

Can someone please point me to the right place?

Thank you!

Hi, a SE gets almost all the toys but a SE L is the full monty by adding Adaptive cruise control with Pre crash safety and sunroof.

Good luck finding one,don't think you will ever regret it, everybody raves about them.

Regards Tony

Hi, a SE gets almost all the toys but a SE L is the full monty by adding Adaptive cruise control with Pre crash safety and sunroof.

Thank you! In that case then I don't need an SE-L.

All I need now for complete happiness is to know what the "no-letters" is lacking from the SE :)

Good luck finding one,don't think you will ever regret it, everybody raves about them.

Yeah, so I read :) Thank you, I am only hoping I won't end up with a duff one on my budget.

All I need now for complete happiness is to know what the "no-letters" is lacking from the SE :)

As far as I no they only make a SE and SE-L 450h model. untii you get to 2012

Yeah, so I read :) Thank you, I am only hoping I won't end up with a duff one on my budget.

I don’t think there is such a thing as a duff

one

As far as I no they only make a SE and SE-L 450h model. untii you get to 2012

Aaah, so all those advertised in Autotrader that do not state anything (just say GS 450h 3.5), that actually means they are SE?

Brill!

I don’t think there is such a thing as a duff

one

Well, I read the forums, and there were one or two :-) Acceleration problems, rattling everywhere and something else, can't remember now. But really only tiny percentage. With my tight budget it might be just my luck :(

And also it does not help that I do not know the model exactly then don't know what to look for and how the engine is supposed to sound. I will just have to trust the make, like I now trust Mazda. Got mine a year ago at 2.5year old and 93K miles and it is running like new (they were all motorway miles done by the previous owner).

However, this one will be older due to budget, I think the newest i can find (with difficulty) would be a 57 plate.

The 450h engine is direct injection and so sounds awfull when 1st started from cold, mine is no worse after 160,000 miles,the sound only lasts fo a few seconds but dont be put off ,its normal.

Some users complain about creaks from the dash and seats but mine is fine, overall I am still thrilled with it after all these miles.

The 450h engine is direct injection and so sounds awfull when 1st started from cold, mine is no worse after 160,000 miles,the sound only lasts fo a few seconds but dont be put off ,its normal.

Thanks. The one I have seen had this strange (or different to mine) sound for much longer (15-20mins?) Wasn't very bad, but certainly strange.

However, I will not buy this particular one, as it had only 1 key, so I keep looking.

Some users complain about creaks from the dash and seats but mine is fine, overall I am still thrilled with it after all these miles.

Yes, that's what I read. I hope I won't get one of those as any creaks, especially from the dash, drive me mad.

Hi , I hope I have attached the specifications from theattachicon.gifspecification list.pdf 2006 GS sales brochure.

Thank you so much! That's what I have been looking for!

So it means that there IS a "no-letters" model, and it doesn't have sat-nav and leather seats. Frankly I haven't seen even one of those, so all the ones I have seen have been at least an SE. Which is good news, as that's what I want :)

I was worried that I will end up buying a non SE wchich looks like an SE but doesn't have something I want that I wil only realise later, for example rain sensing wipers, parking assist etc.