Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200 Manual

SML

Hi Folks,

Got myself an is200 2004 with 64,000 on the speedo several months ago. Looking to do some servicing on the car. Have worked out what to do but frustrated by the lack of any service manuals around. Has anybody bought the following eBay service manual cd http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=79825?

If so could you please let m know if its any good :shifty:

Ta

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got is. Looks to be the same same as the free down load but has more files and has an index. Not as good as a hard copy but I think this is as good as it gets. Might also have a few more sections I think.

Has anybody got a oil filter socket from a lexus dealer or somewhere else. Details please? I think I am looking for 73mm with 14 flats on it. Managed to get my whole hand on the oil filter from underneath the car but cannot budge it by hand and I think this is probably the best thing to use.

Have you used this size? Looking at several threads I get the impression that it should be 73mm wide. The eBay one is 64.5mm wide??? :eerrrmm: :eerrrmm: :eerrrmm:

Checked again and your right the is200 is indeed 73mm, If you have a look on this thread, theres a photo if the tool with part number. You can get one from toyota or lexus.

Hope you find it of use to you.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/62537-oil-filter-removal-tool/

you can get them as singles they are sold by sealey and laserline as there are 4 sizes for toyota the one you want is the 2nd size up look at sealey or on machine mart website they have the same items in diff makes

Re: Screwdriver. You might get away with it but I don't want the mess which accompanies it and there is the possibility that it might not work...

Re: Mac. Your best bet is to email the eBay seller as per my link earlier on in this thread. Good Luck.

Re: Oil filter sockets. I cannot find the individual one (on-line that is) for the Lexus from Lazer / Sealy. If anybody can find one please let me know (post your link).

Ta.

It will work on a Mac if you have Internet Explorer (5.0 + ) installed. By the sounds of it, it's the same thing as the one that was freely available online but then got took down. I managed to open that using my Mac, but by booting up WinXP (which I have as a VM) and running it in IE.

If someone has this, and is willing to save it as a PDF file, that would be much more universally compatible. If someone has this CD and want's to send me a copy, I'd be happy to spend a bit of time converting to a PDF file

PDF file is what i need, i can put it on my ipad then! Very handy!

I may get it and convert it myself, but i only have one computer running win7 in the house and i'm loathe to switch it on ;)

those file is already a PDF file.... it's an old pdf format (i'm sure it will works anyway) just need to open file via IE to view those file.. bought it few years back and keep the cd's on the service book since available to view online :innocent:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links