Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just so you know, the figures from Lexus Sheffield were:

Cambelt alone, no water pump or pulleys etc. £425

With tensioner pulley £489

With water pump and pulley £584.60

Compare to indy at £420 for belt only, but inc oil and oil filter/air filter and pollen filter change, and check over..not a great difference, but obviously cheaper at an indy garage. I thought that was a good price though from Sheffield Lexus.

cheers

Keith

Hi keith if it was done 5 or six years ago at 114,000 miles I would get the belt done at a later date, as for the vvti engine the change was updated to 90k as with the ls430 (same engine).

Just so you know, the figures from Lexus Sheffield were:

Cambelt alone, no water pump or pulleys etc. £425

With tensioner pulley £489

With water pump and pulley £584.60

Compare to indy at £420 for belt only, but inc oil and oil filter/air filter and pollen filter change, and check over..not a great difference, but obviously cheaper at an indy garage. I thought that was a good price though from Sheffield Lexus.

cheers

Keith

That sounds like a good price for a main dealer. I didn't know, as Mark said, that the interval was 90K on the VVTi engine. Mine was changed at 58K and is now on 97K but it was a few years ago ( I think about 7 years) so I'm not sure whether to wait....

90k belt change interval on a VVTi motor? That's thrown the cat amongst the pigeons Mark!.. Lol, but it actually helps a lot.. Thank you mate.

If thats the case, then it works out like this.

The Harrogate garage did their first service at 70525 miles on 31/10/2005. They remember changing the cam belt on this car for the old lad that owned it.

It's now done 144500 so only 74K ish added, so even if it was changed during the first service they did, and its a 90K interval, it shouldn't be due for another 16K. Makes me feel like leaving it for a while and doing some other stuff I want to get done.

If you chaps are thinking of doing the job yourselves you might want to look at a company in Japan for your parts, www.amayama.com I used them for all my gearbox parts for my toyota rav4. If you know the part numbers of the OEM parts , you send them a parts list and they source them direct from manufacturer and are genuine parts.i tried getting them from USA but with our duty charges would have only saved about £20.00, from Japan I saved over £200.00 on everything which included £34.00 delivery and £64.00 duty. USA duty charges were£123.00 !! Alone.

Took 3 days to arrive over once they got back to me with price, were held here at customs for about a week as was over Xmas but most of the parts were more than 50% cheaper than listed in uk.

Might be of some use to someone.

Phil

If you chaps are thinking of doing the job yourselves you might want to look at a company in Japan for your parts, www.amayama.com I used them for all my gearbox parts for my toyota rav4. If you know the part numbers of the OEM parts , you send them a parts list and they source them direct from manufacturer and are genuine parts.i tried getting them from USA but with our duty charges would have only saved about £20.00, from Japan I saved over £200.00 on everything which included £34.00 delivery and £64.00 duty. USA duty charges were£123.00 !! Alone.

Took 3 days to arrive over once they got back to me with price, were held here at customs for about a week as was over Xmas but most of the parts were more than 50% cheaper than listed in uk.

Might be of some use to someone.

Phil

Excellent, thanks.

Are you doing it yourself Steve?

No friend of mine is but he dosent know it yet :flowers:

Can I be his friend as well?

I have been quoted £810 from Toyota in Shrewsbury and £640 from a local garage to me in Wem, North Shropshire. This is for the cam belt, tensioner and pulleys, which come as a kit and the water pump plus long life anti freeze/coolant. As I want mine done after the MoT, to make sure there are no nasties hiding, I'm looking to have this done in June, so I will be able to get a few more quotes. I did email Lexus Chester but had no reply, may try telephoning nearer the date.

Mark.

I will have to break the news to him about mine first, when he gets over the shock and picks himself up I will ask him :ooh-ducky:

I will have to break the news to him about mine first, when he gets over the shock and picks himself up I will ask him :ooh-ducky:

Good man. Also break it gently to him that he'll have to travel 200 miles, but by the sound of it he won't mind!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links