Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rust On My 2002 Ls430 .... Contact Lexus Uk

"12 years of coverage is provided against bodywork (ie any holes through the bodywork from inside to outside) due to corrosion that is attributable to faults in material or workmanship. Again, there is no mileage restriction."

" the lexus warranty is automatically transferred at no cost to subsequent owners"

So there ya have it ..... Good luck and I will let you know how it goes every step if the way.

Sorry if you think mine has rust, could have put the question better i guess, it don't have any yet that i know of (looking for a piece of wood to touch).

Was checking up on the "what if" scenario, as i know companies try to slither out of anything they can nowadays.

Looks good - their new struts are £35 delivered so I may just go for those. They are cheaper than what I bought a few years ago.

Thanks

Bren

Is that each strut, or for a pair?

Good question Keith and thanks - it clearly states Strut (singular) on their site so it is for one and hence me thinking they are cheap. So for me it is re-gassing or BMW struts as recommended by Paul.

Bren

Ok back to the topic......

Just been to the Bodyshop and they imaged the rust and then checked the thickness of the paint in microns, and took pictures, 140 microns of paint.....

The guy said it needs 3 doors and a boot as they won't bother to try and repair them, so will contact me soon.

All images sent to lexus and we now wait

Just been to the Bodyshop and they imaged the rust and then checked the thickness of the paint in microns, and took pictures, 140 microns of paint.....

The guy said it needs 3 doors and a boot as they won't bother to try and repair them, so will contact me soon.

Good luck Paul.

I think I will have a peep inside my doors my car has just started year 12 :)

As far as I can tell there are no external signs of rust.

Bren

Good luck Paul.

I think I will have a peep inside my doors my car has just started year 12 :)

As far as I can tell there are no external signs of rust.

Bren

Take it to your nearest Lexus Dealer & have them inspect it. If it costs anything it won't be much I suggest about £60 for a full inspection which should include the mechanics, ecu data etc

Just returned from the body shop , second time, as they wanted to see the inside of the doors..... Lexus assessor in the area, so drove down with door cards off to save time , still quiet as a mouse. Anyway, looks like 3 doors and a boot so far .....

Will let you know when I get a definate answer

Hiya bookend, ten minutes work

3 Philips black screws at base of door

1 Philips black screw in the front door air vent

Lift out the window switches from the front edge

2 gold screws on under the switches one under the grab handle

Pop off the fascia behind the lever

1 black Philips screw

Unplug window switch connectors

Pull on bottom of door card, poppers hold it to the door

Lift upwards towards the door frame

Card is now connected by cables and wires

Unplug wires, you can't get them wrong when refitting, by pressing the little lever on top of the plug

Disconnect the lever for door pull and lock , too white( sky) bottom green( grass)

Then place to one side

Pull away the plastic weather sheeting carefully so you don't rip it

Voila rust !!!!

I just took a look at mine and I have a very small ammount of bubbling by the drivers side door mirror - looks like I owe Paul a big thank you for the alert and I have to eat humble pie because of my rant about early model LS430s not being rot boxes - So thanks Paul - bit of a shortage of humble pie in my fridge though :)

Looks as if it is only on the drivers door so I will have that apart on Sunday, if the weather is good and see what is happening.

Bol"£cks not what you expect from a Lexus :(

Bren

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links