Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Drive An X5 And You Won't Go Back To Lexus!

The-Acre

Oh dear..... Knobby, I love the Lexus brand as much as you do (hence owning one) but slagging BMW / Mercedes down all the time because you own a Lexus ain't right.

Fair do's you bought a cheap ****ty 5 series in the past.... Don't keep comparing mate.

There will be numerous BS comparisons coming up from you in a minute but most likely you've not driven any of them!

The LS is fantastic (drove one yesterday) and the IS is not more comfortable than a 3-series which I actually hate

BMW is not being hated here. Am making a true point about Lexus being able to set up a car to conquer the ultimate driving machine if the want to but they prefer to put comfort before handling. I don't think this should be a hard pill for a BMW lover to swallow?

As I said before, I'm not a BMW lover as you try to brush me off as (hence me driving a Lexus) it's the comparisons you try to make are wrong as pointed out in previous threads.

I actually think noby made a fair point tbf. Lexus do put comfort before handling and BMW i would say put handling before comfort, confirmed by LEXIS200 sport who has driven all three (LS, S class, 7 Series), and said that the 7 series is the best drive compared to S class and LS but not as gooda ride.... and would say would be found in all BMW series. This isnt slagging them off its just the facts.

The LFA also does by all means prove Lexus have the ability to build a drivers car, and tbh as much as Lexus has kept to their roots for so long i now think Lexus are actually trying to mimic BMW somewhat with their recent F Sport range in the last couple of years. Whats better? I have no idea and boils down to the individual also. but to have that cross between luxury and sport is always nice

So, the conclusion of the matter is that they all have good points, and it's down to personal preference. Better stop there eh?

Agree with that. They are all different and, at the end of the day, individual preferences come into play when you choose your car (and quite right too!!!).

So, the conclusion of the matter is that they all have good points, and it's down to personal preference. Better stop there eh?

Do you want to close the thread?

I always keep things nutral, although I do have my opinion on fhings I dont have time for heated discussions and we all know where this is going... Ian saw it a mile off.Lol

I'd be keen to test drive the LS600h at some point just to see how Lexus has tuned the comfort/handling balance these days, and how it compares back to the LS430 and Mk4 LS400.

I heard that the LS600h in particular has active anti-roll bars similar to that of the E65's (but electrical rather than hydraulic), so it'll also be interesting to compare the two systems.

If anyone's got an LS600h or has driven one, care to comment? :)

Still can't afford one though, just curious! :P

So next discussion................Austin Allegro V Austin Maxi

On your marks

Get set

Go

Hmm, there's a thought, I have had an Austin Maxi.....no, maybe not....And Ian, the thread is like the beast in Hotel California, it won't die!!! :o

My first experience driving a Lexus was 3 weeks ago when I test drove my IS200. Last weekend, a friend of mine who owns a GS300 gave me a test drive. I could not believe that a 15 year old car with 220000+kms felt "so new". What an awesome car! There was also definitely a more "premium" feel as compared to my 13 year old Lexus with just 84000kms on the clock. I am blown away by that old GS - its clear that Lexus has built a car to last. I hope my IS feels half as good as that after its done 200000+kms!

I doubt many cars could feel that good after so many years and after so many km's on the road.

^^ Old cars are the best!

Not so long ago somebody was selling an LS on here with 260K miles on. The 5-Series I had that was replaced by the IS200 I have now done 353K miles and still felt as it should.

Cars were just build to last back then. Same as most things now are throw away after a few years.

My first experience driving a Lexus was 3 weeks ago when I test drove my IS200. Last weekend, a friend of mine who owns a GS300 gave me a test drive. I could not believe that a 15 year old car with 220000+kms felt "so new". What an awesome car! There was also definitely a more "premium" feel as compared to my 13 year old Lexus with just 84000kms on the clock. I am blown away by that old GS - its clear that Lexus has built a car to last. I hope my IS feels half as good as that after its done 200000+kms!

I doubt many cars could feel that good after so many years and after so many km's on the road.

A lot of LS400 owners wonder what to do when it comes to replacement as they stopped production in 2000, so to me the GS300 looks like a good possible replacement.

Raymond - thats the reassurance I need to re-enforce my decision to buy a 13 year old car. Most people dont get it,

Just keep buying the older cars. They look better and they last longer. There's nothing there when buying a new car. My next door neighbour just bought a new Insignia. Just another bland looking thing sitting on his drive.

His kids actually told him to get an IS200 as it looks awesome they said.

Just sold misses's 1997 Celica, that was nice looking (and never broke) and replaced it with a 2004 C180. Nice enough car but it just blends in with all the other modern kack that's on the roads...

I liked my Austin Maxi, :whistling: loads of room etc

Now that you've made the confession so can I. I liked my Maxi as well. Mind you, that was then, I'm sure if I drove one now my opinion might change....and then I'd prefer the X5!!! How about that for getting back on topic then?

I liked my Austin Maxi, :whistling: loads of room etc

Now that you've made the confession so can I. I liked my Maxi as well. Mind you, that was then, I'm sure if I drove one now my opinion might change....and then I'd prefer the X5!!! How about that for getting back on topic then?

Well MY! Maxi had loads of leg room & plenty of back seat for a little slap & tickle Hows that for getting way off topic then?

Raymond - thats the reassurance I need to re-enforce my decision to buy a 13 year old car. Most people dont get it,

Just keep buying the older cars. They look better and they last longer. There's nothing there when buying a new car. My next door neighbour just bought a new Insignia. Just another bland looking thing sitting on his drive.

His kids actually told him to get an IS200 as it looks awesome they said.

Just sold misses's 1997 Celica, that was nice looking (and never broke) and replaced it with a 2004 C180. Nice enough car but it just blends in with all the other modern kack that's on the roads...

Had this discussion down the pub last night Ray... We all concurred that 80's and 90's cars just looked better and were built to last. I don't like most new cars. They're all generic looking with flashy DRL's. I parked a brand new C class mercedes yesterday at work for a customer. I got in it and I didn't even know how to start it. And it freaked me out a bit, the second I got in it the Bluetooth on my Iphone connected to the car and "chris's iPhone" appeared on the dash! Lol...

I also noticed when driving that brand new GS250 and the Merc that the dash lights are permently on. This would explain why I see so many brand new cars driving around at night without their lights on. If your dash is all lit up what's telling you that you've forgotten to put your headlights on?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links