Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Very Sad News - Tony Goose

janey

Sadly we have to announce that Tony Goose passed away suddenly at home during the weekend 9 - 10 Mar 13 aged just 46.

Tony had been an active and valued member here on LOC since December 2001 and a moderator since September 2009 and though he was living and coping well with Multiple Sclerosis, he was seemingly unaware that he had developed heart and circulation problems from which he was to succumb.

Tony's brother Steve has informed us that Tony's funeral is to be held at the Seven Hills Crematorium between Ipswich and Felixstowe on Monday 25 March at 3.45 pm and anyone wishing to attend is more than welcome

We will be sending a wreath on behalf of LOC and will be speaking to Steve Goose regarding a charity collection in Tony's memory.

I'm sure a lot of members have fond memories of Tony from over the years (I know I have) so please feel free to share them and remember him here

That's very sad to hear. He will be sorely missed many here at LOC. He had a seemingly vast amount of knowledge that he was happy to share with all in such a friendly manner.

May I offer my condolences to his family.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Very many thanks for all your kind messages of condolence and special thanks to janey for organising flowers on behalf of LOC; they were on-show at the crematorium then the following day we took them to Felixstowe Cemetery and placed them on the family plot. The funeral service was totally befitting for the selfless and very fondly thought of man that Tony was. His immaculate TTE Supercharged IS200 SE was parked proudly in his memory 'front and centre' of the entrance for all to admire as they arrived. After the service the subsequent gathering at the Oyster Reach, Ipswich, was a wonderful event that gathered many of Tony's friends and family together to share their memories of him and enjoy looking at countless photos from the 80s, 90s and 00s. Happier days.

As an enduring memory to all his friends of the LOC community, I have posted this photo of Tony with his pristine T90 OSE; a photo taken by our Mum circa 2004/5.

Scan_m.jpeg

Tony Goose

10 Jul 1966 - 9 Mar 2013

May he live on in the memories of all who knew him or were so fortunate to have met him.

• Like 4