Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nissan Gtr R32 Wheels Fit Is200?

Ozzie B

I recently tried fitting Nissan Skyline R32 GTR wheels to my is200, they seem to fit at first but when i tested it the wheels didnt quite fit correctly.

2 of the wheels seemed fine but two did not, one at the rear one at the front. So i swapped over the wheels, side to side front to back to make sure it was not the wheels themselves, which it was not, managed to get 3 fitted what i thought was ok, but upon closer inspection the wheels didnt quite fit flush against the hub at all five points? There was a gap of around1/2mm off the hub on a couple of the spoke points.

Will these wheels simply not fit or will i need a spigot? Any light that can be shed on this would be a massive help. Cheers guys.

That's a nice diagram and description of the different types of wheel nuts.

Also did you fit spigot rings as the wheel bore is 66.1 on the Nissan wheels and 60.1 on Lexus which if not fitted may cause alignment problems.

Thank you so much for the replies guys, two of the more helpful responses I have ever seen and... I changed the nuts for the oem ones of the gtr so not that. And Steve 2006 thank you so much for that I was going to ask that but taking one step at a time. I think this will be the issue but I just didn't know the difference in sizes between lex and Nissan.

I hope this of help to folk in the future!

Saved me a lot of haste this hopefully!

Just one more thing any ideas where to get suitable spigots from as I am really keen to use these wheels if poss.

Thanks again!

Well I've ordered the spigots needed so I will post my outcome when they're fitted, hoping to do it Friday.

I've got a feeling this will cure the problem, but no expert so who knows. I never knew Hub sizes were so broadly different, I always thought it was a standard size bar one or two exceptions . Learn something new every day! :)

I hope I'm wrong to be completely honest and they fit for you but I was taught that a spigot just allows the wheel to sit true on the hub without any movement before you fit wheel nuts but as I said I hope I'm wrong and it works for you if it does get some Piccys up :-) always nice to see a lex on different wheels

Dean

Must admit, if a spigot ring is required, and it is missing, it wouldn't stop the wheel sitting flat/square on the hub once the nuts are done up. Only if the wheel bore was smaller than the hub would it stop the wheel fitting.

Is the PCD of the wheel correct for the IS?

Nissan Skylines use 114.3 PCD the same as most Lexus models including the IS series.

So its not the PCD that is the problem. Still don't see that the spigot rings will make any difference to the wheels sitting flat/square on the hub. Could the hubs be warped, I have heard of that problem on the IS.

*Update* the wheels fit! :) but only just! It helps doing the work in day light. Seems the fit extremely snug on the hubs but nothing a long bar couldn't fix :p will post pics later. No need for spigot rings, if anything diameter on the wheels is too small by a whisker.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links