Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi Guys

I just dont believe it. I am going to be made redundant, and in this current climate I dont know if ill find another job quickly enough, so guess what that could mean? Yes I may have to sell the ls400. Ive only had afew weeks. I really dont believe it.

Totally gutted

I don't know what firm you workied for or pay you were on but one thing for sure there are jobs out there but be prepared to work shifts and minium wage(6.odd) for your next job as all high paying jobs in manufacturing are gone and never coming back.

Or you find the factory full of Eastern Europeans willing to work for nothing as they live 6-8 in a house so they can pay the rent etc all chipping in together etc.. Rest of the money goes back to their country and they are never going to leave UK as been told by the Poles I used too work with.

The rich with houses are racking in the rent on these Europeans hence why the Government don't want them out of the country as most MP's/Bussinessmen have rented houses with these guys in them.

I know this as was in the Civil Service working for the Goverment. I read enough internal memo's.

MONEY MONEY MONEY GOES TO MONEY.

Baz

Sorry to hear that you are losing your job.

Not a good thing to happen but don't give up hope, there are decent jobs out there mate, not as easy to find or to get as they once were but still available. Pass the word to everyone you know and get them keeping their ears open for you. It's definitely one of the best ways to hear of vacancies before they get advertised.

Good luck with it.

Keith

sorry to here that , KEEP THE LS, i run two over 3 grand a year tax , normal job , But you only live once and climate or anything not in my control will stop me enjoying myself ,in a car i love . could by a focus /is 200 would i be happy no no no.

Thank guys.

I work for a laege insurance company. I knew this would happen so i already took steps to look for another job. So i applied to another insurer last week, for the same job im doing now, they emailed me back 3 hours later saying sorry youve been unsuccesful due to having 13 years experience, so you are over skilled and we have took someone on with just 3 years experience.

Over skilled!! What a load of tosh. What they meant was we've found an eastern European lad or lass that will do it for £5k less a year than you will!

Really sorry to hear about your redundancy :(

Hope you find something soon. Don't give up on the car just yet!

dependin on if you have a safe parking space or garage, you could SORN your LS, uninsure it and get your self a relaible cheap 1.0litre Nissan micra which will cost you about £300 with good length of mot and tax left on it and will cost you about £10 on fuel a week to run(depending on mileage travelled of course) untill you back on your feet with regards to job. then all you need to be doing is warming up the LS for 15minutes every 2-3 weeks to keep fluids and engine turning. :phone:

So sorry to hear that Messi. Like people are saying, as crap as the money is, shelf stacking in Aldi will help pay the bills, even if it crushes your soul. You'll find something meaningful, but find something/anything in the mean time.

I totally sympathise - might even be in the same situation by the end of the year. But keep the LS if you can. The overheads on running a well-sorted LS are pretty minimal, and in the long term could save you money. Don't fall into the "new roller-skates are cheaper" trap.

Thanks for your help guys.

Im going to do a teachers training course and also the SIA course. I need to do something just to get some money coming in.

It's never a nice thing to hear that someone you know (even on this kind of forum) is heading down the losing job path, can't imagine how you must be feeling.

The only thing i can offer is just keep plugging away, something will turn your way sooner or later, not much i know, sorry.

Thank guys.

I work for a laege insurance company. I knew this would happen so i already took steps to look for another job. So i applied to another insurer last week, for the same job im doing now, they emailed me back 3 hours later saying sorry youve been unsuccesful due to having 13 years experience, so you are over skilled and we have took someone on with just 3 years experience.

They wont have to pay him/her as much. Sorry to hear your rotten news. Perhaps now is the time you look around for something you could do as a self employed person, nothing flash but just something that will keep you ticking over and then your future is in your hands and not someone elses to bugger around at will. I went self employed at the age of 25 and started 5 businesses over the years and sold them all for a profit. I could never work for somone else after starting on my own. Independance is King.

I shall keep my fingers crossed for you. Mike

Thanks for your help guys.

Im going to do a teachers training course and also the SIA course. I need to do something just to get some money coming in.

My story was the same 4 years ago, had not long had LS400, lost job, but hung onto the car, and after one year got a job. I did not use the car as much as usual - no need when on the dole - and in the end that car lasted 4 years and cost be next to nothing in maintenance. At one point I did not drive it for 5 months and it started first time. I did find that Battery discharging triggered the alarm now and again.

I actually changed from security sales to teaching, did my DTLLS and now work full time as teacher.

If you want to get into teaching, then I suggest a bit of volunteering - get your feet under the table, and then slowly but surely they will find you a paid job. Mind you the cost of doing teacher training has gone through the roof, so do a bit of research on whether you want to do PGCE (route to secondary teaching), or DTLLS (route to FE vocational training - mainly).

The one thing for sure is that teachers are never going to go out of fashion, and they reckon that with the costs of doing the course going up to train, then there is likely to be ever bigger shortages of teachers in next 4 or 5 years.

I have found you can run a Lexus on a teachers salary (just), but I do 24 miles to work, and lift share with some others, so best of luck.

PS: The other car sharers always prefer going in the LS400, and I reckon with the wear and tear on the Mazda that one of them has (diesel), it has cost her as much if not more than running the Lexus.

Having worked as a teacher, I've been working at a university in Manchester doing teacher education courses for the last 12 years. Happy to help out if there is anything I can do. Just let me know and good luck. My blog is here: www.jsavage.org.uk

Thanks guys. The course im going to do is i think a 12 week course and its called ptells. Ive got induction in April and the course starts in september.

Thanks guys. The course im going to do is i think a 12 week course and its called ptells. Ive got induction in April and the course starts in september.

The PTLLS is the one to start with, and its where I started, and found that I enjoyed it which is why I then went on to do DTLLS.

Have you checked out whether you can get reduced fee for being out of work.

While on the PTLLS see if the teacher/trainer can get you an intro to the head of department for whatever subjects you think you would like to aim for.

Best of luck

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links