Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

4 Wheels Alignment

kevinclee

I have a 1996 ES300 with 95k. It will be four sets tires since I brought the car in 1996. The reason I have to replace these tires is not because they wore out even. They wore out uneven. I have my wheels aligned (every 15K-20K), rotated (every 5K) and checked pressure consistently. I don’t drive too fast over the bumpers. Why can’t I keep those tires longer?

After alignment the computer reading is saying that everything has been adjusted correctly. But the tires still cannot keep wearing evenly after short mileages. Recently, I had an alignment at 85K last Sept. I check my rear tires last week that I need to replace them now (only 10K). I am so frustrated. :angry: Are those tired supposed to be able to use more than 30K?

Here are the four sets tires.

1-30K Goodyear Eagle GA

30K-65K Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus

65K-95K Dunlop Sport 4000

Or because it is the car matter? My wife drives Acura TL 3.2 with 45K. She never needs to have alignment and hardly rotates the tires.

Having a similar problem with my GS300 Mk1 Sport. New rears 10,000 miles ago, new fronts with 20,000 on them. The rears are nearly illegal, fronts getting that way but only because they are wearing the inside edge off. Plenty of tread on the rest of the tyre.

my rears are the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111

they are wearing out faster then i can order them

absolutly :tsktsk: off with putting new conti's on the rear its getting beyond a joke

taken into lexus for them to say there isn't a problem,

OBVIOUSLY THERE IS!!!!!!!!

Anybody got any ideas ?

• 3 weeks later...

Thinking of taking the 10" rears off and getting some more 8" to go on the rear.

Don't know if this will help, but just had all the suspension alligned and can't afford new wheels every 10,000 miles when that equates to a new set every 3 months :crybaby:

Its good to know there are some owners who really do put some miles on these tarmac eaters.

I had a tracking issue with mine where if I had not had my eye on the ball I would never have spotted that the wear on the inside of the fronts was through the steel belts! I mean these were seriously dangerous and yet would maybe not have been llegal as only 5% of the tyre surface was damaged. must have been running on an inch of rubber at each front corner...

All aligned and now thinking on checking when I go out side next....

I had a tracking issue with mine where if I had not had my eye on the ball I would never have spotted that the wear on the inside of the fronts was through the steel belts!

Only spotted mine as I was being lazy and pulled in to a parking space and left the wheel on full lock - on returning to the car I noticed the inside 1" was wearing when the rest of the tyre looked like new :o

• 1 year later...
I had a tracking issue with mine where if I had not had my eye on the ball I would never have spotted that the wear on the inside of the fronts was through the steel belts!

Only spotted mine as I was being lazy and pulled in to a parking space and left the wheel on full lock - on returning to the car I noticed the inside 1" was wearing when the rest of the tyre looked like new :o

i hope you had more tested than wheel alignment? the wheel alignment is one of the least violent angles of them all, down to the wire is rearly w/ a , time after time i read on this forum, wear on the inside? this is active camber angle

go to wheels-inmotion.co.uk and spread the word.

If you want to know all settings for your cars just e-mail Tony on the web-site with your cars age model and state wether on std tyres and wether its lowered.

Tony i lost my settings can you e-mail them to me again plz :blush:

Edited by Scorpion

the fact that you have the settings

doesnt mean that they will get it right

ive seen some of these places treat the equipment like rubbish by supposed mechanics who only left school last year

why would they be bothered that your tyres only last 10000 miles

just means they get more business

try and pick a place that do suspension set up and not tyre sellers

if you have to tell them what the settings are, they are obviously not very good !!!

If you want to know all settings for your cars just e-mail Tony on the web-site with your cars age model and state wether on std tyres and wether its lowered.

Tony i lost my settings can you e-mail them to me again plz :blush:

yeh no prob, but, due to my system re-format total loss on the hard disc, remind me of your intensions,car,model,year??? and i will start over again with your issues, oh and tyre size.

ive seen some of these places treat the equipment like rubbish by supposed mechanics who only left school last year

if you have to tell them what the settings are, they are obviously not very good !!!

Agreed Baz but by having the settings for your car will give you something to compare to,especially if it needs fine tuning rather than STD settings.

Maybe if you share your settings i will compare them to the ones that Tony sent me as were both on 18's and coilovers. :)

your missing the point, i 100% agree with what you say about settings, and how they are applyed, i know there is NO such thing as a setting, only suggestions, even from lexus, unknown FACT, the advice i post only refects the current topic, and cannot be considered law, no one can generalize geometry, it is unique, but your understanding of what is wrong as far as a guide must help? yes/ no? anyway i am sincere as far as the help i offer, as far as bothered is concerned, get a geometry, get a print out, get evidence that the settings fall in line with the lexus parramiters, and base the wear from the facts.

your missing the point, i 100% agree with what you say about settings, and how they are applyed, i know there is NO such thing as a setting, only suggestions, even from lexus, unknown FACT, the advice i post only refects the current topic, and cannot be considered law, no one can generalize geometry, it is unique, but your understanding of what is wrong as far as a guide must help? yes/ no? anyway i am sincere as far as the help i offer, as far as bothered is concerned, get a geometry, get a print out, get evidence that the settings fall in line with the lexus parramiters, and base the wear from the facts.

no offense meant tony :blush:

your website is an excellent source :)

my experience was to go to a tuning establishment, one i hasten to add had not seen a lexus in there workshop before

when i said that i have the settings, i got a look of disgust and the words "we do know what we are doing"

after spending over an hour doing adjustments

talking me through everything they did,they gave me a complete confidence in there ability

10000 miles later, and no adverse wear i have to agree with them :)

to take the settings to a place that hasnt got them available has got to be a bit risky

to compare the correct or recommended settings is an excellent practice but obviously accuracy of the equipment and any readings must be given a thought

who would you rather performed surgery on your body ?

a GP or a surgeon ;)

LOC forum.

fair comment, the term toe in/out seemingly has been generated from the fast fit industry, and is an attempt to discribe the wheels condition, as far as the direction of travel is concerned, by convention discription of geometry is in degrees and minutes, the genaral public in most cases will not, and to be fair needs not to understand this form of measurment, simple points toward reference have been applyed over the years, right or wrong? i dont know.

my experience was to go to a tuning establishment, one i hasten to add had not seen a lexus in there workshop before

when i said that i have the settings, i got a look of disgust and the words "we do know what we are doing"

talking me through everything they did,they gave me a complete confidence in there ability

to take the settings to a place that hasnt got them available has got to be a bit risky

to compare the correct or recommended settings is an excellent practice but obviously accuracy of the equipment and any readings must be given a thought

a GP or a surgeon ;)

NO offence was taken or felt, lets move on, if i was going for surgery with my car, then i would go well armed ( sorry about the pun) my site in all 19 or so pages can only be conciderd as the headlines, you have to fill in the small print on your own with an educated implant, advice can be free, examples of the problems that you have is what keeps this site alive, the sad thing is that when it's done wrong then it's not free, this angers me, and it's for that reason i built wheels-inmotion.co.uk so some readers have a bit of a chance?

a GP or a surgeon ;)

NO offence was taken or felt, lets move on, if i was going for surgery with my car, then i would go well armed ( sorry about the pun) my site in all 19 or so pages can only be conciderd as the headlines, you have to fill in the small print on your own with an educated implant, advice can be free, examples of the problems that you have is what keeps this site alive, the sad thing is that when it's done wrong then it's not free, this angers me, and it's for that reason i built wheels-inmotion.co.uk so some readers have a bit of a chance?

and for that we thank you :)