Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Factory Satnav, Whats It Worth?

I sold a complete system from an is200 inc wiring loom for £200, Obviously you wont be removing that..LOL.

Screen around £120 unless it's the 7" version then up-to £180. (just noticed your is300 is a 2005 so should have large screen.)

Controller £35.( would be interested in this myself)

cd from boot £50.

Thats if you want quick sales, You can advertise for more it's up to you fella.

Buyers tend to buy the bits separate as you cant get it to work without the full wiring loom from a sat nav car. The screen would need to be sold with vents as it's all one unit. The controls from centre console just unplugs.and the cd unit from the boot is sold with the cover.

Hi,if you don't use it,why not leave it in the car then?you will have to take all the interior out just to remove the wiring loom,not worth the agro for a few hundred quid,however up to you your car,just don't ruin it for the sake of a bit of money.

Just to clarify further, You cannot remove just the sat -nav loom, it is built into the dash loom and the floor loom all the way to the back of car. Also involves removing all the interior, dashboard, seats. interior trim, carpets. basically every bit of the interior.

Ask Raymond on here, took him and my stepson about 3hrs to remove it from the scrapper i had.

Cheers people, i defo won't be messing with the loom then, didn't think it'd be part of the main loom!!

I'll sell the screen part and the controls tho if someone's interested, and i'd then need their dash replacement bits!

I don't use satnav so if i can get good money for it, iro 200, then I'll happily take it out!

Just a polite post, do not turn this into a for-sale thread or it will be removed.

Edited by IanS200

If you are thinking of selling the sat -nav, have you thought of becoming a gold member on here?

Once you have paid your listing fee and final credit fee, paypal ect. You will have spent enough for a years membership. Which entitles you to free selling on the forum and dealers discounts ect.

Most of all you get the satisfaction of supporting the club :)

If you are thinking of selling the sat -nav, have you thought of becoming a gold member on here?

Once you have paid your listing fee and final credit fee, paypal ect. You will have spent enough for a years membership. Which entitles you to free selling on the forum and dealers discounts ect.

Most of all you get the satisfaction of supporting the club :)

Its a good idea, but, the current state of affairs is, i gave my Mrs the is300, sold her pos clio, and bought myself another lexus...............soarer twin turbo :cool: and there doesn't seem to be much doing on the soarer bits on here, so i am now a member of soarer world as well as still being an sxoc member!

It seems a waste you taking things out of your lexus that it came with just to make a few bob to me. Also seems like alot of effort considering your going to have to re-fit a dash with blank tray which is gonna cost you also. Just be sure to tell the next owners the loom is there if they wanted to refit it...

Mrs got a good deal there mate, At least you stayed jap with the soarer.

Lol ye she got a serious upgrade from a 1.2 clio !!

Its win win for me tho, before, i had a 200sx and she had the clio, we kept ending up in the clio as hard work re our 16 month old in the back, much to my dismay, so sx was only doing my drive to work. I sold the sx, got the is300 and thought, nice car, 2jz, can't go wrong! But then, she wanted a 4dr as well, kept banging on about a focus, then i seized the opportunity to get another coupe/turbo, forced the is300 on her (but now she loves it) and went and bought a tt soarer, when i was actually on the way to buy an s14! Always get japs btw, gt4, supra, s13, mr2, etc

• Like 1

As Ian and Chris mentioned. The loom is rather ridiculous. Left one is the one from under the dash, the other runs from the O/S fuse box to the boot.

file-11.jpg

You bought this for your car? Is it the DVD based one?

Mrs got a good deal there mate, At least you stayed jap with the soarer.

Lol ye she got a serious upgrade from a 1.2 clio !!

Its win win for me tho, before, i had a 200sx and she had the clio, we kept ending up in the clio as hard work re our 16 month old in the back, much to my dismay, so sx was only doing my drive to work. I sold the sx, got the is300 and thought, nice car, 2jz, can't go wrong! But then, she wanted a 4dr as well, kept banging on about a focus, then i seized the opportunity to get another coupe/turbo, forced the is300 on her (but now she loves it) and went and bought a tt soarer, when i was actually on the way to buy an s14! Always get japs btw, gt4, supra, s13, mr2, etc

You have had some nice cars in the past, before i bought my first lexus only ever had fords, apart from a vectra.....Had a couple of rst's and a cosworth...

As Ian and Chris mentioned. The loom is rather ridiculous. Left one is the one from under the dash, the other runs from the O/S fuse box to the boot.

file-11.jpg

You bought this for your car? Is it the DVD based one?

It's the CD based one. I was going to use a DVD computer with the setup but I'm not sure how long the car will be staying. It's all hung up in the shed ATM.

• 2 years later...