Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Photoshop Before Purchasing Wheels

Philip_98

Hi, im contemplating getting a new set of shoes for my is200 and i was wondering if anybody on here is anygood at photo shop and could maybe photoshop the wheels im looking at onto my car? not looking for it to be perfect, just saves me buying them to then decide i dont like them on the car.

Any help would be appriciated

Cheers

Love those wheels, almost bought them myself but check your offsets before forking out. Everywhere only seemed to have them in 35mm. By my calcs they were going to be sticking out the arches in an 18x8. I bottled it and went for the ev32 which has a higher offset of 42 and the fronts are pretty much flush with the arches. Can always mod the arches of course...

Love those wheels, almost bought them myself but check your offsets before forking out. Everywhere only seemed to have them in 35mm. By my calcs they were going to be sticking out the arches in an 18x8. I bottled it and went for the ev32 which has a higher offset of 42 and the fronts are pretty much flush with the arches. Can always mod the arches of course...

The websites I'm looking at are saying that there a suitable fit for the car so should be ok

The websites I'm looking at are saying that there a suitable fit for the car so should be ok

Don't always believe what the websites tell you. You need to find out the exact dimensions of the wheel and the offset. Some websites will tell you that an offset of et35 is ok for an is200...........

• 4 weeks later...

Currently my wheels are 18"x7"wide with a ET of 50. Will 18"x8" with a ET of 42 fit? Thought I would get some opinions before I I and by then just incase:)

• 2 years later...
On 12/02/2016 at 8:26 AM, ThebigC said:

Orfordness my good sir your photo shop skills are most impressive..those alloys are so tidy!! What are they!?

On 04/04/2013 at 10:31 PM, Orfordness said:

Inovit ST16 18"

There ya go :)

They do look nice for the colour of the car and suit it. Photoshopping is a good way to see if they look good. I am sure there was a company that you could do that on their website a while ago but cant remember the name, but it made a big difference. I went for Rota Gravels 18x 8.5 as I wanted to keep it as close to the smoked multi spokes I had as standard. But for the colour of my car they look great. I went for Meister R coil overs as they have a softer spring rate which makes sense on our patchwork potholed roads..... the only body mod I did was to take the lip under the rear arches out and they fit perfectly with no rubbing and no problems on speed bumps or multi story car parks. yours will look great with those wheels and coil overs, be good to see the finished result

Feb 16 (2).jpg