Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Annual Service Required?

Hi,

Just a bought a is200 with very low mileage. It was last serviced at a lexus dealer just 9000kms ago, but that was 18 months ago. What I need to know is, does the is200 need to be serviced every year, irrespective of the mileage it's covered in that year?

Hi,

Just a bought a is200 with very low mileage. It was last serviced at a lexus dealer just 9000kms ago, but that was 18 months ago. What I need to know is, does the is200 need to be serviced every year, irrespective of the mileage it's covered in that year?

Ideally yes.

Find a decent garage that wont chaneg things that dont need changing. If your air filter was changed last service and its only done 9000kms unless you live in a dusty area it probably wont need changing. Your spark plugs are good for 30,000miles so if changed last service again probably wont need changing afterall they dont wear out doing nothing.ts good to get the car checked out and certainly change your oil you cant go wrong with new oil once a year even if tis just to get the "bits" out of the oil change it. I dont see any reason to throw away perfectly serviceable air filters and plugs though.

I have customers who do 1000 -2000 miles a year if the air filter is clean and dry leave it alone, same with the plugs. I havnt had a single customer coming back complaining i didnt charge them for something they didnt need so didnt give them.

Thanks for the additional info, Phil. I was just going to drop it off at our local Lexus Service centre... (and pay one hell of a price!). I dont think I trust anybody else to work on my new prized possession.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so I took you guys advice and have just dropped my car at a lexus dealer for its 90000km service + cambelt change. I know I will be stressing all day wondering if there will be any additional repairs/ costs :-(