Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Yet Another Mot "no No" Repair

fil4362

this floor3_zpsdf14d585.jpgtake away floor1_zpsa2c55bf5.jpgequals floor2_zps1b7e48e4.jpg

This failed for a whole in structural area, the same garage that failed it did the work. they must use some super silicone because i wasnt aware a dozen tacks and half a tube of bathroom sealer was a structural repair.

Was a fiat punto. Its from Manchester. Its not the first time i have seen work like this from the same garage. The early puntos are pretty shocking for rust in the floors to be fair but theres no excuse for a repair like this.

Theres so many things i see al the time as we are not the cheapest garage in the area many people go to other garages for mot test, i usually get to see them or see/ hear the reports after the test.

I reported one garage recently after a major mot mess up. A customer of mine has an Australian kid living with her while hes over here having trials with a premier league football club, anyway he took his car to a local garage who failed in on 3 or 4 items. All warrented and should have failed. They also gave him a massive list of other stuff they felt needed doing. The lad was confused as to what actually needed doing to get it through the mot. Were not talking advisery stuff here either real random stuff like his aeriel was broken. Any way i did what was listed as actual fail items to get him through his retest which of course is free.

On the retest they failed the car again on something compleatly non related to what it failed on originally or mentioned on their extended list.

The lad of course came back to me again. I checked the item and yes, again it should have failed, but unless a brake load valve can sieze up in 24 hours then it was siezed up at the time of the first test and they missed it. The lad told me that they were now charging him for the second retest as he had used up his free one.!!! Of course i rang them on his behalf and explained an appeal form would be required,, they did give him one along with his second FREE retest. We didnt use the appeals form but i did make a phone call to my local area office and mention they had admitted" missing it" the first time around. Without an appeals form vosa cant officially do anything pretty certain he did go and speak to them though and rightfully so

Out of interest the garage was a local main dealer!!! I hate it when i see and here stuff like this in what i consider my trade. I have made my living from it for 23 years would love to clean it up compleatly

Took wife's Punto to a local Mitsibushi dealer failed because of hole in steering boot Problem was I had it inspected an hour before MOT Had another garage do work boot punched through with screwdriver Dealership changed hands last year

Gives decent garages a bad name, all tarred with the same brush etc.....

Makes you wonder how many people are being ripped off every day by these crooks.

If you have any doubt, go to an MOT station that doesn't do repairs, no point in them

telling you a pack of lies.

Looking at the Punto repair I am wondering how they got any of those tack welds to take nevermind attempting a seam weld.

Aldi usually have a cheap angle grinder on their shelves although they don't do training in the use of a MIG welder!

my folks have a fiat punto on an 03 plate and the underneath is rotting, they had an MOT advisory... seems a common theme w/these cars

Not ours & its an 02 but then we have had it since new

Sorry guys not been getting notifications on this post.

The plate was taken off the car as there is/was more corrosion either side of it this year. It took one hit with a hammer and chisel and it fell off.

this is what it looked like after i finished with it still not great but better than it was welding_zps7c9afb5c.jpg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links