Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Incase You Were Wondering...

Thanks for sharing, is the heated screen a standard fitment across all IS200/300 sold in the UK?

No, the S models didn't have heated front screens (or mirrors). Interestingly, this was an S model, that had a non heated screen in it, as it should, however, the multiplug was present (as seen in pic) for the heated screen. Whether it works or not, I don't know - even though the sub loom is clearly present (and it had a factory supplied "blank" plug fitted in the end of the connector, probably to stop it getting wet or dirty), Lexus may not have fitted all the relays/fuses or switch gear for it to work.

Nice one Matt, its that mean u gonna come round my to fit it :D , btw it's that the rear screen ?

No it's the front as Stuart says

Is that for your car Matt?

No, this was a customers car I did today - '99 S model. As I said a couple quotes up, the S model didn't come with heated screens (at least as standard - may have been an option though) so this morning I was given two screens to take to it - a non heated and a heated. I only bothered with the heated one, as it's pointless taking a non heated with me as well : if I just take the heated screen, and it turns out to be non heated, the screen still fits, and I just cut off or tuck up the terminal - from the outside there is no difference. If it's the heated one, then I've got the heated screen, so it's all good.

Also as I mentioned, what was interesting was this one had the female connector + sub loom for the heated front screen. So I plugged it in. Inside, the button on the dash only shows the icon for the rear screen - on my Sport I have the icon for the rear screen and mirrors, but not the front screen, even though the button actually activates the rear, front and mirrors simultaneously. So either the heated front screen will work in this S model car, or it won't. Either way the customer hasn't lost anything, and if it works he stands to gain a heated screen for these ongoing ridiculously cold months!!!

I should have taken more pics of the job in progress, but was pushed for time as I had a rather busy day on. I hate 4 day bank holiday weekends - everyone books their cars in to have something done!

Yeah, my SE has it. But so far it's been a mixed blessing, as if you let it heat then wipe the screen. Sometimes the water it wipes up the screen then freezes.

Very useful for unsticking the wipers though, as it only really heats that part of the screen. And yes, mine is off the rear screen button too. My rear screen doesn't have mirrors pictured on it though.

while were on the subject of this. Why does my SE with front heated screen only have a picture of rear de-frost logo, when ive seen in videos and pictures of various IS's with the two symbols of front and rear? is it something they changed with the later interior design?

for example
http://my.is/forums/attachments/f103/26990d1273428833-jdm-dash-kit-dash.jpg

btw thanks for pictures matt, interesting stuff, but surely your costing the customer more than necessary fitting a heated?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links