Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2006 IS250 has the usual Lexus problem with wheel corrosion, so I think it's time for a refurb. I have found a place in Birmingham that do powder coating. My carpost-40886-0-55626800-1364724370_thumb.j] colour is Argento Ice( silver). What other wheel colour besides silver might suit my car?

• Like 1

When I got my first set done, AP tyres in Rotherham they had a set in direct from Lexus Sheffield that they had just done so it was just a case of asking for mine doing the same as those.

The second set I has done were done anthracite which at the time assumed would be the same as the Lexus grey colour only to find that they were in fact darker in colour. The Lexus grey colour is a lighter metallic colour and in my opinion better, the photos I have in my gallery are all the the Lexus grey colour.

I assume Lexus grey is gun metal grey but not 100%, might be worth checking with Lexus to ask them what colour they ask for when they get wheels refurbished.gallery_37397_1010_412701.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, just came back from getting the wheels refurbished. In the end i went with a punt and opted for Nissan's 'Gun Metallic' Grey (code KAD). Personally i love them, they have a lot of sparkle to them and really set the car off. Unfortunately I had to drive home through so many muddy puddles but you get the idea.

post-46580-0-07476100-1365774580_thumb.j

post-46580-0-13046700-1365774618_thumb.j

• Like 1

Those are 245s on the front? Chosen so you can rotate them I guess?

The new colour looks very nice, how much did they set you back and how good is the finish on them? The OEM finish may as well be peanut butter for its ability to last.

In any case.

Don't forget to apply a tyre dressing.

My car (IS250 F-Sport) came back from servicing this week.

They washed it and applied RD400 tyre dressing, apparently.

The owner of a brand new black 13 plate Jaguar parked next to mine later that day.

He said, nice car and like the wheels!

It really does make a big difference, I must say.

I've never dressed the tyres before.

I wil now.

Argento

Thanks for the keen eyed spot - they'd put the 245 on the front on one side! Will get that swapped over.

The cost was £75 per wheel as I chose to have them dipped to address the corrosion and also the paint I chose was quite pricey. The finish is excellent and the guy I used said he put a few extra layers of lacker on as the colour was so sparkley!

They better last!!!!

Thanks for the keen eyed spot - they'd put the 245 on the front on one side! Will get that swapped over.

The cost was £75 per wheel as I chose to have them dipped to address the corrosion and also the paint I chose was quite pricey. The finish is excellent and the guy I used said he put a few extra layers of lacker on as the colour was so sparkley!

They better last!!!!

So you have 245 on one side and 225 on the other? We should be calling you a haggis :D

I've been quoted 65 to refurb plus 10 to strip, refit and balance, plus P&P, plus VAT... was the £75 inc/exc those? If so I'd give them a go.

• 3 years later...
On 01/04/2013 at 8:03 PM, MIKEDAVIDN said:

When I got my first set done, AP tyres in Rotherham they had a set in direct from Lexus Sheffield that they had just done so it was just a case of asking for mine doing the same as those.

The second set I has done were done anthracite which at the time assumed would be the same as the Lexus grey colour only to find that they were in fact darker in colour. The Lexus grey colour is a lighter metallic colour and in my opinion better, the photos I have in my gallery are all the the Lexus grey colour.

I assume Lexus grey is gun metal grey but not 100%, might be worth checking with Lexus to ask them what colour they ask for when they get wheels refurbished.gallery_37397_1010_412701.jpg

Sorry to revive an old thread. My alloys need refurbishing due to the corrosion and I was looking for inspiration.

I have to say your car looks beautiful! That is how I want my car to look. The alloys look fantastic - great colour.

What shall I tell my refurb guys when they ask me what colour I want? I will show them the picture but would 'Lexus grey' or 'gun metal grey' be suffice?

I thought that the wheel refurb boys just visually match the existing colour to the "cards" they have?  I guess that this could be a reason why colours vary from refurb shop to refurb shop.

Anyway, let us know what you decide to do please.

Argento

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I have until tomorrow afternoon to let the alloy wheel place know what colour I want to change the alloys. here is the short-list:

-Toyota Phantom Grey – Paint Code 1E3

-1H9 Mercury grey

-11GY38 & 11GY39 mixed together as per the official IS-F alloy spec sheet (http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/77148-isct-f-sport-alloys-colour-code/)

-Nissan's 'Gun Metallic' Grey (code KAD).

I want the Lexus IS-F / F-Sport grey look. I dislike black alloy wheels.

Can anyone help me decide? Thanks!

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

I'm reviving this thread as I didn't get a chance to show you my refurbed alloys. I'm very happy with the colour - Nissan's 'Gun Metallic' Grey (code KAD)  :wub:

Ps. I've posted this in the ISF forum too as I had another 'alloy wheel colour' topic going on there and wanted to thank them for their help and show them the results.

lex1.jpg

lex3.jpg

lex4.jpg

lex5.jpg

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links