Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2013 Audi A3 Saloon

Just came across an interesting article regarding a new audi a3 saloon

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/car-manufacturers/audi/9956646/Audi-A3-Saloon-revealed.html

Looks pretty nice - it would appear4hatchbacks will slowly go out of fashion. Bit like the 4X4 did and came back a couple of years ago, albeit in compact form...

Would love to have a look at one of these in the flesh when they come out, for me it depends on how squashed it looks. As some of those hatchbacks they made saloon look naff. i.e astra saloon, kia rio saloon (had one as hire car in cyprus).

There are saloon versions of loads of hatchback cars (i know this is the first for the A3) Its just they dont sell them here because we are so obsessed with hatchbacks. The new Focus saloon is a nice looking car but still not available in the UK for example. The new A class also. Always liked saloon styling....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

There are saloon versions of loads of hatchback cars (i know this is the first for the A3) Its just they dont sell them here because we are so obsessed with hatchbacks. The new Focus saloon is a nice looking car but still not available in the UK for example. The new A class also. Always liked saloon styling....

It seems smaller saloons are bit more popular outside of UK like in Ireland, shame it don't sell well here, personally I like saloon cars big or small, one of many reason I chose the IS200 / 250, + its different from the usual hatchbacks everywhere that I wont buy anytime soon for that reason ! I like the A3 saloon, looks like a A4 but smaller lol

• 2 weeks later...

I also prefer the styling of saloons over hatchbacks, even though a hatchback is a bit more practical, but no one has really made a saloon looking hatchback successfully. Skoda has the Superb, but it looks a bit awkward, but the boot come hatchback is clever. I wonder if Lexus will make a compact saloon? The 3rd gen IS has grown in size and would make sense to bring in a smaller compact saloon & hatch as long as its not based on the current CT.

We don't have the new Focus saloon here, because no one bought the old Focus saloon here! Manufacturers will only sell what people want to buy, and we - the British car buying public - would rather have Focus hatchbacks and estates than saloons.

We don't have the new Focus saloon here, because no one bought the old Focus saloon here! Manufacturers will only sell what people want to buy, and we - the British car buying public - would rather have Focus hatchbacks and estates than saloons.

I know?like I said dont sell here because europe is obsessed with hatchback....in other words wouldnt sell

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links