Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Advice On Cleaning...

The Lexus needs a good clean and im going to do it tomorrow i think but i wanted to ask how everyone cleans their car....

Im thinking of taking it to the local or not so local people that jet spray it, clean and do the inside for a tenner....

Ive never been to them before, or i was thinking of doing it myself... what are the best products to use?

Its a litle awkward because i live in a flat so don't have access to a hose or anything....

I keep seeing the waterless cleaning products but not sure on them

Any advice welcome ;-)

post-44971-0-40571400-1365150636_thumb.p

For me, its sponge and washing up liquid. I'm fortunate to have access to a hose for easy rinsing. But the other day I was away from home and had to use buckets to rinse, running back and forth to the tap. I always wipe it down with a chamois leather to make sure it doesn't leave any annoying water marks, because when they dry in they are more of a pain.

i wouldn't let anyone else clean my car, especially those guys that have car washes all over the place now.

Took mine to the IMO for the first time the other week, mainly to wash off the salts underneath and around the wheels. Amazing results, left a few marks though from the brushes. Good shine though for £6.50.

For goodness sake, get off yer bums you lot!!!! and do it yourselves...you will be using electric tyre pumps next!!!. Thoroughly wet the car to loosen the muck, wash it from the top down and hose off fairly gently from the top down, cills and wheels last. Polish off with a chammy if you want to....avoid washing in the sun ( what SUN???????)

Good for your abs, gloots and other bits........!

Im lazy... I was looking at the greased lightning product Rob, it does look like it works but it still involves me doing stuff lol...

I may take it to the local car wash place in the morning, see how well they do it... they did a friends car and it looked really good, £6 as well ;-)

To be honest I used to use them with no problems. But a few months ago at work a young lad took his pride and joy Corsa (I know, I know) to one and when he got back on closer inspection they'd left quite a few scratches and swirl marks in the paint. He was almost in tears. Since then I've not used them!

Guess it's come down to how much u care about ur pride of joy :d , but I kindda like doing this kind of stuff , I can soendinh good 7 to 8 hours doing it or even more , it's will reward u when u look back at it , only if u do it rite. I guess I'm just sad that's why I'm spend so much time on it lol

I don't believe in taking ones car to a car wash. Nobody can clean my cars like I can :-)

Seriously...invest in some good cleaning products.

1) rinse the car properly and use a good quality shampoo (use the two bucket method)

2) get yourself a clay bar and some detailing spray to remove all the contaminants and strip off old, dull wax

3) polish the car (I prefer Autoglym Super Resin Polish - easy on, easy off)

4) lastly , use a good sealant (wax) to seal the deal

5) stand back, admire the paint and take some pics :-)

Should take about 5 to 6 hours and a dozen beers, but its worth it.

7-8 hours.... my patience would wear thin after 20 mins, its not my thing really....

The one near me is a fairly big one, always see Bmw, mercs etc there....

They have running water, power washers, they use mits and chammy's too...

Ok I know that's a lot of hours but that's would depend how bad ur paint work is , and u only do one a year and for the next time u do wash ur car again , it's will bleeding off easy. What hoodrich say rite do step by step , many helpful information on the net. Consider professional charge over 500 pound!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links