Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Got My Ls Lpg Converted This Weekend

I don't know if the LS is the same but my GS had a big plastic tray in the boot that normally sits above and around the spare wheel. I cut the centre bit out (the oil catcher or whatever it is) and it now sits around the tank (a 75 litre toroidal). Boot floor is about 10mm higher than before and perfectly usable. Mine's a Romano system, installed by Phil Price at the rally school in Mid Wales. Done about 90,000 miles since the conversion.

I hope it goes well & all turns out as you wanted.

When you first posted I thought I had finally turned a corner, i had loads of reservations about connverting an LS (mine) cause of problems all over the place, especially Mike Sands & that LS 430.

But Profess seemed to be well recomended & problem free, now it seems its the luck of draw who fits the system at profess more than Profess as a whole, I mean it only takes one impotent ape & the whole species can wiped out as a result. I am back to doubts as to risk it again, partialy swayed 'cause I am in London & have no ambitions to have to unexpectedy drive to Wales & back at any time & on petrol cause I was the one who got stuffed by the impotent ape, have they paid the petrol & gas combo for this extra trip?

OK back from Wales.

I suppose the only way you can test a company to see how good they really are is when you have a problem. I am pleased to report profess came up trumps. What started as a horror story became a fairy tale.

At no time did Leon or Anjay try to wriggle out or deny any responsibility for the poor state of my conversion. Leon held himself personally responsible ( even though he was taken suddenly very ill 5 weeks ago).

It was a mixture of events that lead to my car being rushed by a fitter who wasn't up to standard ( It will never happen again as systems have & are being put into place to make sure) Leon & Anjay really took this seriously ( a nicer & more honest couple of blokes you couldn't wish to meet).

OK my car the conversion has been completely redone a neater job I couldn't wish for It performed perfect on the way home.

I received a lot more in compensation than I asked for. All faults were rectified, the car has been valeted inside & out. They had some touch in paint made for it which they gave me. Leon devoted 8 hours of his time to me even took me for lunch while the car was being valeted outside.

So in conclusion yes I would use Profess again as in the very very unlikely event that something didn't go right you are in safe hands.

They really couldn't have done more to resolve the issues A1+.

So anyone thinking of a conversion please don't let my initial experience put you off Profess as I am quite sure it won't happen again.

This is my true feelings about the saga with no pressure from Profess.

Thanks Mark

OK back from Wales.

I suppose the only way you can test a company to see how good they really are is when you have a problem. I am pleased to report profess came up trumps. What started as a horror story became a fairy tale.

At no time did Leon or Anjay try to wriggle out or deny any responsibility for the poor state of my conversion. Leon held himself personally responsible ( even though he was taken suddenly very ill 5 weeks ago).

It was a mixture of events that lead to my car being rushed by a fitter who wasn't up to standard ( It will never happen again as systems have & are being put into place to make sure) Leon & Anjay really took this seriously ( a nicer & more honest couple of blokes you couldn't wish to meet).

OK my car the conversion has been completely redone a neater job I couldn't wish for It performed perfect on the way home.

I received a lot more in compensation than I asked for. All faults were rectified, the car has been valeted inside & out. They had some touch in paint made for it which they gave me. Leon devoted 8 hours of his time to me even took me for lunch while the car was being valeted outside.

So in conclusion yes I would use Profess again as in the very very unlikely event that something didn't go right you are in safe hands.

So anyone thinking of a conversion please don't let my initial experience put you off Profess as I am quite sure it won't happen again.

Thanks Mark

You dont know how relieved I am. I knew that Leo would never let you down and he wouldnt be happy until you were, but I like you measure a company on how things are handled when things go pear shaped as they did sadly on your installation.

Well the sun is shining just enjoy the cheapest most luxurious motoring on this earth. Mike

OK back from Wales.

Thanks Mark

Excellent they have redeemed themselves completely & will no doubt reap the benefits of their efforts

So in conclusion yes I would use Profess again as in the very very unlikely event that something didn't go right you are in safe hands.............They really couldn't have done more to resolve the issues A1+.

Well I am really pleased you got everything sorted A1+, to be honest those of us who read Mike Sands experience last year (not profess, nothing to do with profess) would be sceptical when your story started, but, as you say, its really the measure of a good company that when something goes wrong they go all out to reverse and accept the problems they caused, thats rare in UK no matter what product or service we're dealing with.

I was watching your experience when you first posted, it does seem clear that with the 400's they either go A100% excellent or are a 100% disastor on LPG conversions. I am still nervous about it but maybe a couple of weeks hassle free from you might see me being the next giveing feedback on a profess conversion, thing is mine is running like a purrrfect puss fed on cream & honey & in a way that perfection in itself inhibits going into the unknown.

Can you guys give some feedback on the reduced mpg figs on LPG? mine is '95 so I have the 3969cc which gives a bit more mpg on petrol than the later cc upgrade. Also, with the larger doughnut how have you evened the boot floor up, wood insert?

So in conclusion yes I would use Profess again as in the very very unlikely event that something didn't go right you are in safe hands.............They really couldn't have done more to resolve the issues A1+.

Well I am really pleased you got everything sorted A1+, to be honest those of us who read Mike Sands experience last year (not profess, nothing to do with profess) would be sceptical when your story started, but, as you say, its really the measure of a good company that when something goes wrong they go all out to reverse and accept the problems they caused, thats rare in UK no matter what product or service we're dealing with.

I was watching your experience when you first posted, it does seem clear that with the 400's they either go A100% excellent or are a 100% disastor on LPG conversions. I am still nervous about it but maybe a couple of weeks hassle free from you might see me being the next giveing feedback on a profess conversion, thing is mine is running like a purrrfect puss fed on cream & honey & in a way that perfection in itself inhibits going into the unknown.

Can you guys give some feedback on the reduced mpg figs on LPG? mine is '95 so I have the 3969cc which gives a bit more mpg on petrol than the later cc upgrade. Also, with the larger doughnut how have you evened the boot floor up, wood insert?

Hi as for fuel consumption I got 300 miles for £41.44p this will get better as 1 the system is still running in & learning 2 will be tweaked down at the 1000 mile inspection. The problems with the conversion were due to the job being rushed a badly routed pipe & a faulty valve. When the car ran on gas it performed perfectly. Now the conversion has been sorted out it runs perfect on gas & is smoother than on petrol (due to the new injectors I suspect in part) My last LS400 got better over the 60,000 miles I did on gas.

I will use timber to raise the floor & make compartments for bits & pieces. You could go for a 84 litre tank & it would sit flush which would give apx 67 to 70 litre fill 300+ miles.

As I said on my post I really am convinced that nothing like my initial experience will happen again at profess. They Know I am a LOC member & would value your custom. I wanted the best for my car that's why I went there in the first place. Bear in mind You will have to return for the 100 mile set up after that servicing can be done remotely. You also get a lifetime parts & labour warranty.

The most important thing is would I use Profess again & as Simon Cowell says it would be a big YES.

Hi as for fuel consumption I got 300 miles for £41.44p this will get better as 1 the system is still running in & learning 2 will be tweaked down at the 1000 mile inspection. The problems with the conversion were due to the job being rushed a badly routed pipe & a faulty valve. When the car ran on gas it performed perfectly. Now the conversion has been sorted out it runs perfect on gas & is smoother than on petrol (due to the new injectors I suspect in part) My last LS400 got better over the 60,000 miles I did on gas.

I will use timber to raise the floor & make compartments for bits & pieces. You could go for a 84 litre tank & it would sit flush which would give apx 67 to 70 litre fill 300+ miles.

As I said on my post I really am convinced that nothing like my initial experience will happen again at profess. They Know I am a LOC member & would value your custom. I wanted the best for my car that's why I went there in the first place. Bear in mind You will have to return for the 100 mile set up after that servicing can be done remotely. You also get a lifetime parts & labour warranty.

The most important thing is would I use Profess again & as Simon Cowell says it would be a big YES.

Simon Cowell ?? who's that has he got a Lexus? Mike

Simon Cowell ?? who that has he got a Lexus? Mike

No He hasn't got taste.

No He hasn't got taste.

Your bang on with that one. Mike

That amazing. I calculate that to be a cost £0.1381 per mile.

At 47 mpg my Rover 75 CDTi is costing me £0.1394 per mile.

Yep I calculated it roughly in my head at 14p a mile 180 miles motorway rest mixed country roads, dual carriageway & about 20 miles urban. It seems around the same as I was getting from my BRC kit on my last LS400.

No He hasn't got taste.

Your bang on with that one. Mike

Bob Geldof had one though.

It may be me but surely one of the main reasons you by a Lexus is the satisfaction of knowing that top engineers in Japan designed your engine and top mechanics built it. Is better economy worth messing with all that superior engineering? I'm not so sure. When I was looking for an LS, I went to look at a converted car just out of interest. One look under the bonnet told me I was right to be concerned.

I will post some pics of my conversion, My last conversion I did 60,000 trouble free miles my mate done 145,000 no problems. If its done right then its a better fuel for the engine, much cleaner no carbon deposits, After all it is a form of petrol just in a much finer form.

It may be me but surely one of the main reasons you by a Lexus is the satisfaction of knowing that top engineers in Japan designed your engine and top mechanics built it. Is better economy worth messing with all that superior engineering? I'm not so sure. When I was looking for an LS, I went to look at a converted car just out of interest. One look under the bonnet told me I was right to be concerned.

You shouldnt make a decision on one bad example. There are good engineers out there but like everything else in this world it takes time and hard work to find the right people and you have to ask alot of questions of people before you let them into your wallet, listen to others experiences look at the garage, are the tools all over the place strewn across the floor, dirty floors and machinery if you let your car go there thats what it will look like when it comes out.

There are no garantees in this world but we can make sure we have the odds on our side by just doing a little investigation .

I have pushed Profess on here unashamadly as they have always done a good job on my cars, I have met other customers when down there and they were all happy. What happened to Manic Mark was just one of those things but Profess stepped up to the mark and sorted it for Mark 101% and that is how you should judge a company.

Dont miss out on what is the cheapest and most luxurious motoring there is.

Sorry I am off the soap box. Mike

I will post some pics of my conversion, My last conversion I did 60,000 trouble free miles my mate done 145,000 no problems. If its done right then its a better fuel for the engine, much cleaner no carbon deposits, After all it is a form of petrol just in a much finer form.

I never though of it like that. My concern when I was looking for a Lexus was that an LS400 engine could seemingly go on to 300k miles with no bother and I just couldn't see an after-market conversion keeping up with those numbers without some work at some point. I may be wrong. I just didn't want to risk it.

I never though of it like that. My concern when I was looking for a Lexus was that an LS400 engine could seemingly go on to 300k miles with no bother and I just couldn't see an after-market conversion keeping up with those numbers without some work at some point. I may be wrong. I just didn't want to risk it.

There is no more risk of having to service the LPG system through breakdown than there is with the petrol system, in fact there are lot less parts to have to worry about. In the last 16 years I have had one breakdown on an LPG system and that was a solinoid which was diagnosed in two mins and changed in 5 mins. cost was £20. How bad is that. Mike

Well that’s great news & your right, its when something goes wrong & the company steps up to the mark without problems that the real quality of an A1+ firm comes through, or for that matter defines the cowboys as well, at the end of the day that’s how Lexus after service behaves & built its reputation.

Its put me back on track, I suppose my inhibitions are about the same as Martin Hughes post above. I did have an interest in LPG I think at the time I was ready for buying what ended up as this current LS but when I started researching I was coming across problems all over the place, I suspect nowadays they were to do with a combination of poor fitters, some poor quality units and lack of owner maintaining services.

I still think LPG is a minefield in general but as Profess has now come up shining in the bad times & plenty experience with LS 400s’ looks like only one place to go. I was surprised to find out Cardiffs only 150 miles from London, I thought it was appx 300, the logistics are a hassle but at least only a temp blip.

Does anyone know if theres hassles in Europe with conversions done here? I know a conversion can’t be taken through the tunnel so it’s a ferry job but that’s all I know about Europe travel with them.

Well that’s great news & your right, its when something goes wrong & the company steps up to the mark without problems that the real quality of an A1+ firm comes through, or for that matter defines the cowboys as well, at the end of the day that’s how Lexus after service behaves & built its reputation.

Its put me back on track, I suppose my inhibitions are about the same as Martin Hughes post above. I did have an interest in LPG I think at the time I was ready for buying what ended up as this current LS but when I started researching I was coming across problems all over the place, I suspect nowadays they were to do with a combination of poor fitters, some poor quality units and lack of owner maintaining services.

I still think LPG is a minefield in general but as Profess has now come up shining in the bad times & plenty experience with LS 400s’ looks like only one place to go. I was surprised to find out Cardiffs only 150 miles from London, I thought it was appx 300, the logistics are a hassle but at least only a temp blip.

Does anyone know if theres hassles in Europe with conversions done here? I know a conversion can’t be taken through the tunnel so it’s a ferry job but that’s all I know about Europe travel with them.

I have driven across Europe many many times and LPG is easily obtained except in Germany for some reason. Eastern Europe its more than readily obtained.

You do need an adaptor which you can obtain from eBay or LPG suppliers.

Your right about not being allowed through the tunnel but enjoy a nice cruise across the channel with a nice meal, on the French boats, careful on the wine though. Its not all about getting their as fast as possible. Enjoy. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links