Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member Intro.

mixls400

hi all, my name is mike, i'm 45 and i live in middlesbrough, teeside and have just purchased a lexus ls400. probably a midlife crisis but i've always wanted one ever since my sister brought hers over from the isle of man and gave me the keys for a week !!

after much searching i've settled on a 1998 pre facelift model with 126000 miles on the clock. the colour is stated as gold and looks like a similar colour to a champagne gold ford granada ghia i owned many moons ago. it wears the newer 17" dhp alloys that were sprayed by the previous owner but i had the rims diamond cut again to set them off.

i'm very handy with the spanners so will be undertaking any maintenance that crops up, the first probably being the cam belt which is due now.

i've noticed a little water in the right hand side of the boot that seems to be a common thing, and also the dislpay on the centre console for the heater / blower has a great display but does not illuminate when the lights are on - easy fix or not ??

i would love to know of any other owners in the teeside area to share interests / problems / cures etc.

enough rambling for now, Mike.

Hi Mike and welcome to the LOC! Congratulations on the purchase of your LS400. It's a great feeling right? Brilliant cars. I remember getting mine last year and the ride home from Milton Keynes. Fabulous. It still puts a smile on my face every time I sit in it. She had a clean inside and out recently and looks great at 15 years old.

In terms of your car, several of the issues you have mentioned have been reported here so a few searches should put you right. The water/boot issue is probably the rubber seals and these can be replaced easily. There's a thread here about it:

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/78895-water-getting-in-boot/?hl=%2Bboot+%2Bwater+%2Bseal#entry789361

In terms of the display, I don't have that on mine (it's part of the integrated unit) but I'm sure someone else we be along shortly to advise. In the meantime, enjoy your new car!

Hi Mike, there is a lad on here with a 430 and lives on Teesside. I'm in Washington so not too far away. I had a MK3, same as yours, but running a MK2 GS300 at the moment. You'll enjoy it on here. Jim

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links