Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorting Out Old Poor Door Repair Ls430

Hiya!

I know how much you like pictures in this forum!

I am lovingly updating and keeping my LS430 in the best condition it can be!

Imagine my dismay when I noticed the line of rust at the bottom of the passenger front door!

The result of a bodged repair in the past.

Once we took the door panel off on the outside you can see the inner skin wasn't sorted properly and they had put mastic to stick the panel back. The rust came through to the inside of the door eventually obviously!

Its now being lovingly repaired properly, at vast expense!

I'll post some pictures through the process?

Its then being cut and polished and protected, should look beautiful sometime next week!

Nigel

post-45250-0-14719100-1365643416_thumb.j

post-45250-0-00570400-1365643420_thumb.j

post-45250-0-04959500-1365643424_thumb.j

post-45250-0-14186300-1365643428_thumb.j

post-45250-0-92325900-1365643431_thumb.j

Hi

This is a disaster for any car but especially a Lexus and shows how careful one as to be regarding previous history and accident repairs .In my experience bodyshop repairs eventually fail in time due to several factors, these being time restraint, quality of preparation quality of workmanship finishing and cost factors. The best thing you could have done would have found a good door from a breaker and get that fitted but I suppose the chances of finding one in NZ are remote.Lets hope the repair does the job you are paying for.

Hi

This is a disaster for any car but especially a Lexus and shows how careful one as to be regarding previous history and accident repairs .In my experience bodyshop repairs eventually fail in time due to several factors, these being time restraint, quality of preparation quality of workmanship finishing and cost factors. The best thing you could have done would have found a good door from a breaker and get that fitted but I suppose the chances of finding one in NZ are remote.Lets hope the repair does the job you are paying for.

Yes, a bit of a disaster. see next photos!

I thought of a new door, and that might be the longer term solution, if I can find one!

but at least I have caught the problem before it gets worse, and it is garaged and won't go out in the rain, if I can hep it!

Nige

Those pictures should have a warning sticker giving telephone numbers where help in counseling can be obtained.

Good luck with sorting it. Mike

Hi Mike,

Yes, imagine when I spotted it, I wanted to tell someone who would be sympathetic and know what it means to the soul!

So, a Lexus help line would have been perfect, not technical, but more like the samaritans!

Nige

More bad news!

the rust had penetrated further than it looked to the eye.

The door had to come off to get at it!

She's not back in my hands until next Friday.....

Its amazing how much you miss your baby when she's not at home.

http://www.precisionautowerk.co.nz/home.htm

I am in good hands, the best body shop in NZ. They deal with all the top end cars.

had my Maserati in their twice and the job was perfect.

Follow the link and have a look at their website.

Enjoy the pics, more next week!

Nige

post-45250-0-92354000-1365798311_thumb.j

post-45250-0-88958500-1365798325_thumb.j

post-45250-0-22425500-1365798339_thumb.j

post-45250-0-92567200-1365798350_thumb.j

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links