Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy Is Good!

Chris, I drive upto fhe speed limit and can get the car to sit on it quite easily, it's merely the acceleration I am probably more gentle with. I get into 6th gear when at 30MPH. I try not to floor the pedal and I always monitor the MPG dial.

I love the car and I love the fact that I have the power whenever I need it. On the way to Cwmbran yesterday, a mk5 Golf was itching to get past me, so while I didn't race beyond 70MPH, accelerating quickly away was fun as hell.

Noreen, hi. Does it seem mechanical, or could it be just in need to tracking etc? I saw your post in the WIM thread. It's amazing how many of the LOC have had their cars done. Are you going to the meet on the 5th of May?

Oh, and Chris. I'll be setting off just after you! I'm going for the longest distance travelled award, so I'll be behind you! Lol

I took my spare wheel out, dont know if this will help :shutit:

It'll help you keep fit walking when you get a flat..
haha thanks. Truth is I live 3 miles from work so would quite happily walk lol. Wont go anywhere far without it. Im just seeing anyway, didnt realise how heavy it was ubril I took it out the other day

haha thanks. Truth is I live 3 miles from work so would quite happily walk lol. Wont go anywhere far without it. Im just seeing anyway, didnt realise how heavy it was ubril I took it out the other day

In which case your engine is barely getting warm and a large portion of your trip to work is with the car running on cold start, dumping large quantities of fuel into the cylinders..... Less weight will always help but I don't think that you would notice the missing spare 'till you need it.. If you felt the weight of the seats and trim you would have a fit!.....Those doors are pretty hefty too. :hehe: :hehe:

In which case your engine is barely getting warm and a large portion of your trip to work is with the car running on cold start, dumping large quantities of fuel into the cylinders..... Less weight will always help but I don't think that you would notice the missing spare 'till you need it.. If you felt the weight of the seats and trim you would have a fit!.....Those doors are pretty hefty too. :hehe: :hehe:
Good point

My average is now 260 miles out of a tank. They really ought to have made it a four pot. They're pretty lame unless you're in the 3000-3500 RPM area and then you get even less MPG

I do stick to the speed limits . . . Mainly because its the law . . Lol.

You must have some fast runners pushing your car up to the speed limit.... :lol:

I must admit that mine is only being used twice a day for kids run and some beer runs. Always from cold so that doesn't help.

I think I need another 4-pot Turbo....

I love that its a 6 pot. So smooth and not that horible high pitch wining of a 4 pot, not to mention you'd never get the kind of mialage out of a 4 pot.im a cruiser and would be quite happy rumbling around in a 80s Cadillac with a big lazy thirsty V8.

I dont care that its slow, I love the smooth and lazy attitude the car has and dont mind paying the extra at the pumps for it. Ive always said its like lexus had me in mind when building this car. :)

now the GS 430 is everyrhing you want from a lexus but with a 0-60 in 6 somethings seconds :)

• Like 1

Didn't the is200's In the BTCC use customer engines? Or were they still using the company (Toyota) engines? Because they are all NGTC now, aren't they? Same engines through the field.

Miles covered by half a tank, 240.00.

Equivalent for km's 383.00km (there, or there about)

post-45814-0-53913500-1365849981_thumb.j

Sounds like you'd prefer the Altezza instead B)

As soon as I am able to, I am swapping my IS200 for an RS200 Z-edition :driving:

if most thought the IS200 was bad imagine having to take the revs to 6400rpm to extract peak torque from the 3S-GE engine in the Altezza but actually this is not a bad thing . when not in the mood you can keep it between 1000 - 6000 rpm were it will operate and consume fuel like any other docile 4 cylinder 2litre engine out there. but hold the gear longer and cross over to 6400rpm and the race engine bursts to life and wont back down until 8000rpm and this 4 pot will be drinking like a 6 cylinder engine and performing like one too. I see this design as two different cars combined into one. with an engine making 210bhp i doubt it would be more economical than the 6cylinder IS200 when operating between 6400 - 8000rpm.

would be fun car to drive tho.. closest one can get to an NA racing engine in terms of rpms..

Hey Stuart, I think the problems are mechanical. I've emailed wim with my problems so just waiting for a response back from them to see if they can fix it.

Where is this meet taking place? Need to check if I'm working that day as well!

You're making me feel ill a little Stuart! :blink:

In what way?

I did promise not to do this fuel eco run with pictures thing again, so I won't do it any more after this.

;-)

I think I'm averaging about 22 I think...