Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel Economy Is Good!

Was doing a 265 miles trip last summer when I visited a friend in Europe and thought it would be good to record how the 300 does on fuel. Was just the car and me with a small bag traveling and road was 50-45-5% motorway - A roads - City driving.

Didnt drive like a grandpa tried to keep to speed limits, also had the PWR switched on all the time for better respond when overtaking. Was a bit worried she wont make it to the petrol station I filled up before the trip but not just did she went over it as I stopped at a different fuel station closer to where I stay. Didnt fill the tank fully so dont know the exact mpg.

Here is how she did, my best one so far out of a full tank:

Managed to drive (on A roads) 86.5miles when the fuel indicator got to the first big mark

tyv9.jpg

0kvg.jpg

u3cc.jpg

a75x.jpg

wf7c.jpg

aa8h.jpg

mwye.jpg

I don't know what kind of magic this is but I couldn't dream of mpg like this from my 300... I did all motorway a couple of weeks ago and I got 269 miles to the full tank (well till the light came on) and that was driving sensibly at 60-80mph and trying to balance the mpg needle on 40 lol.... Really really don't know how you managed this!!

This is not average miles from a full tank, that was my best so far over 4 years of ownership. Used to do a lot of motorway driving with 460-480 miles / tank (Glasgow-Dover via A1 on a single tank 2 passengers inc. driver + full boot).

On a daily basis with short trips I`m happy to get close to 400.

No magic :) car is well looked after, only have K&N panel filter, full stainless steel cat back system and lowerd with TTE springs.

There is a member here who managed to drive 520 from a full tank with a sportcross?? if I remember right?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. . . Yeah, as a constant drive, I think 500 miles in the first gen IS is achievable all the time, once you're into a rhythm and there's no traffic, you can just keep on going. But around town and where I work (Newport, South Wales) i'm getting around 220-240 from 35 litres, but I am driving like a grandpa!