Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Space Saver

David Clelland

Yes, there is a tray which fits over the space saver spare tyre; I believe that the use of this tray has to be accompanied by the use of a new tray cover since the original non space saver carpeted cover allows the cover to sit proud of the surface. I believe that the part number for the new tray is E64993-76030 . These parts are fitted as standard to american market cars. Maybe it is because of weight saving in order to improve the published co2 figures, maybe it is because of penny pinching that UK CTs use goo instead of spare wheels. Apparently, once used, the goo replacement cost is high and so too is the cost of replacing the tyre since most repairers will not repair tyres which have been "goo'd". I had read on the prius forum that the cost of genuine Toyota replacement goo is in excess of £100 which, coupled with the cost of a replacement tyre plus fitting tipe the total cost well over £200 per puncutre. At least with a space saver there is a chance that the puncture may be repaired and therefore the payback will be relatively quick.

As an owner option , it begins to make sense to instist upon the new car being sold with a space saver tyre at the very least.

• Like 1

Ordered the tray. Cost £150 and turned out to be polystyrene dyed black. Outrageous, and as suggested did not allow the original flooring to sit right. Have returned for refund and adapted space by arranging tools etc around the spare and storing car cover etc on top so that floor rests on that. Not ideal but looks a lot better and cost nothing. Come on Lexus, you can do better than this!

Thanks for that post David. I was very tempted to buy the tray to fit over the space saver. I definately won't now.

I have cut some 1/4 inch thick plastic, just wide enough to fit into the rebate, to make up the gap to allow the original carpeted floor to still fit flush.

Then taped it down (the plastic, don't laugh) with duck tape, actually it doesn't look too bad.

This will do until i come up with a more quality option.

I bought a space saver and decided to take out the under floor box completely,save it along with all of the goo kit and sell the car with it ( when I sell the car) in the same way which the car was sold when new.I will keep the sapce saver either for my next CT, Prius etc or sell it on eBay for a huge sum :D

For those of you thinking of purchasing a space saver, this topic was covered in posts on this forum back in 14th June 2012, Titled 'Spare Tyre'. I've hopefully copied the link below.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/77706-spare-tyre/

In the various posts are the part numbers for wheel, tyre, etc. I had no problem purchasing them from Lexus Leeds.

Having had the misfortune to get a flat tyre on my one year old Ct200H

I soon realized that the compressor/ sealant kit was a very expensive option.

What they don’t tell you in the user manual is that as soon as the tyre has

sealant in it, no garage will repair the tyre – it’s bin material and you need

to get a new compressor kit as well. So each flat costs around £160!

I realized it was time to bite the bullet and get a space saver tyre. I

figured I only needed four punctures in the life of the car to break even on

the cost of all the new parts.

Thanks to a post from Wass back in 2012 I got in touch with the very

helpful Antony Wilson at Lexus Hatfield and figured out which parts I needed

and ordered them. I have gone for a complete set up which even includes a jack

holder. Once you put a space saver tyre in the boot the original storage box and lid will no longer fit.

I have listed the parts below for reference

E42611-21290 Wheel disk

Q125/7017conti Continental tyre

E51931-76010 Carrier spare – hold down bold for tyre

E64777 76020 Cushion – spare tyre insert holds jack handle

E42668 0D010 Caution label for tyre rim

E64993-76030 Box deck floor – storage box

E58416-76020-C1 Board – cover for storage box

E58709-76010 Carrier Sub assbly – jack holder bracket

E90119-06830 Bolts x3 to attach jack holder

Having to spend another £681 on a car that cost £32K to get a

dependable spare solution didn’t fill me with joy but I’m ready for my next

puncture. You could of course spend a lot less depending if you didn’t order

every part.

I'm not sure how to add pix on here of the completed install but happy to email them if people want to get in touch.

• Like 2

My ct 200h is 2011 after fitting the space saver, I have noticed that the puncture 'repair goo' has a replacement date that expires in 2014 (a shelf life of three years?) another ongoing expense by not fitting a spare as standard.

Having had the misfortune to get a flat tyre on my one year old Ct200H

I soon realized that the compressor/ sealant kit was a very expensive option.

What they don’t tell you in the user manual is that as soon as the tyre has

sealant in it, no garage will repair the tyre – it’s bin material and you need

to get a new compressor kit as well. So each flat costs around £160!

I realized it was time to bite the bullet and get a space saver tyre. I

figured I only needed four punctures in the life of the car to break even on

the cost of all the new parts.

Thanks to a post from Wass back in 2012 I got in touch with the very

helpful Antony Wilson at Lexus Hatfield and figured out which parts I needed

and ordered them. I have gone for a complete set up which even includes a jack

holder. Once you put a space saver tyre in the boot the original storage box and lid will no longer fit.

I have listed the parts below for reference

E42611-21290 Wheel disk

Q125/7017conti Continental tyre

E51931-76010 Carrier spare – hold down bold for tyre

E64777 76020 Cushion – spare tyre insert holds jack handle

E42668 0D010 Caution label for tyre rim

E64993-76030 Box deck floor – storage box

E58416-76020-C1 Board – cover for storage box

E58709-76010 Carrier Sub assbly – Jack holder bracket

E90119-06830 Bolts x3 to attach jack holder

Having to spend another £681 on a car that cost £32K to get a

dependable spare solution didn’t fill me with joy but I’m ready for my next

puncture. You could of course spend a lot less depending if you didn’t order

every part.

I'm not sure how to add pix on here of the completed install but happy to email them if people want to get in touch.

Could you please e-mail me pics of the completed installation my e-mail address is etwhiskeymac@o2.co.uk thanks

Could anyone e-mail me pictures of the spacesaver wheel in situ as I was told that the wheel would not fit in the well of the boot of my CT200H Advance.

My e-mail address is etwhiskeymac@o2.co.uk.

Many Thanks.

Eric, I bought a space saver from my dealer, and like you say it only fits in at an slight angle, the boot well at the bottom is not long enough for the wheel to sit properly.

I made myself a screwed rod thru a piece of wood to fasten it down to the bracket in the base of the wheel well, and then packed all my belongings, jack, spanners, etc around and on top of the wheel.

I put in a couple of old car mats and a carpet tile on top which leveled off the boot well to allow the existing boot floor cover to sit flat.

I've attached a photo as requested.

post-45017-0-95410100-1366734341_thumb.j

• 2 years later...

http://www.wheelfitment.eu/index.html

with this web site enter your car details and it will come back with a list of cars whose wheels can be used on your car.

my mate at work has a jag xf and using this site we found a focus st has the same wheel size as his ,its probably cheaper

and more readily available to buy over a lexus wheel ,and after all its a spare wheel and will only be in use for a day or so,

so it doesn't matter if its different.

• 4 years later...

Hello.

I have a current model Lexus CT200h (2019/20) that was provided with the tyre repair option, and I want to change this to the space saver spare wheel fitment.

I haven't had much help from Lexus, and so I expect to need to arrange this myself.

I would much appreciate it if someone could confirm if the part numbers provided in the previous posts for earlier model cars still apply to later models, and whether Lexus will supply the parts on the basis of the numbers alone? 

Also, one of the posts states that the spare wheel will not completely fit into the spare wheel well of the car, although other posts don't mention this point. Again, I would be grateful if someone could confirm whether the spare wheel will fit fully into the boot well. I have tried a full size wheel, and while the well appears wide enough, the wheel will not fit under the Hybrid Battery container, although it can be accommodated on top of the boot tray. 

I would be most grateful for any information/advice that will help resolve my problem.

Many thanks,

Tom.

Maurice,

Thank you for the information.

Could I trouble you further by asking if you used the parts with the numbers provided in the earlier post, and whether Lexus supplied the parts on the basis of the numbers alone?

Thanks again,

Tom. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links