Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Space Saver

David Clelland

Hi Tom,

I have had the space saver in my car since April 2013 and it has paid for itself over the years as I've had to use it a few times. The tyre fits perfectly and I assume all the part will be the same for later models as they didn't change the boot design as far as I  know, but you can always check with Lexus.

I dealt with Lexus in Hatfield (Pdf attached) who were very helpful. I purchased the plastic tyre insert which holds the spanner and locking nut through eBay so not quite sure the part number for that 

Hope this helps

Cheers

Nicholas

Lookers CT200H spare tyre upgrade quote 25 September 12.pdf

Nicholas,

Thank you very much for following up on this topic.

For some reason, I have been unable to view either of your attachments, but I have noted your parts listing.

I have had some difficulty getting information from some Lexus parts departments, but now seem to have found someone willing to help.

I am advised that some of the part numbers have been updated, and prices have increased as you would expect.

Incidentally, your list does not include the spare wheel protectors that fit under the wheel. Did you use the Lexus items, or an alternative?

Thanks again, and I'll update the post when I have made more progress.

Thanks again,

Tom.

Maurice,

Thank you for responding.

Would you be willing to provide a photograph of the wheel/tools in the boot well, and is there some form of padding to support the wheel from the metal boot floor?

Also do Lexus provide a bag to hold the full size wheel with a punctured tyre?

I was expecting a spare wheel to be in the car, but unfortunately not!

Thanks again,

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I can send you pix of the boot set up if you send me your email  - I did attach them to this post but I think you  couldn't view them. I don't have anything between the space saver tyre and the well of the boot and it's fine. I don't have a protective cover for the full size tyre.

Cheers

Nicholas

• 5 months later...

I actually bought a spacesaver for my ct200h from eBay for £20 then I cut the boot tray along the two sides and back as you look at it in the boot. Cut the depth in half on the three sides then push the lower section up inside the top section place it in the boot on top of the space saver to see how far to push it up then pot rivet it together again that way you still have the storage space all be it a little shallower at the backend of the tray.

Dear All,

Glyn's solution seems like a very cost effective option to address the Lexus policy of not providing a spare wheel in some countries.

However, for those that are interested, I have a list of all the parts that Lexus fit in a CT spare wheel set, it is recently updated from the lists kindly provided earlier in this thread.

Item No.

Item Description

Part Number

No. Required

Wheel disk

42611-21150 or 42611-21290

Tyre (Yokohama)

Temporary Space Saver Tyre-125/70 R17 98M

Wheel Cushion

64777-76020 or 64777-76021

Caution Label

42668-0D010

Box-Deck Floor

64993-76030

Board-Boot Cover

58416-76020-C1

Carrier-Sub-Assembly-Jack

58709-76010

Carrier-Bolts

90110-06830 or 90119-06782

Protectors-Spare Wheel

64768-30020

Carrier-Spare Wheel-Bolt

51931-76010

If these items are bought directly from Lexus as spare parts they cost just over £1000.00, which is a great deal of money for parts that arguably should be an option!

If anyone is interested, I have a complete set of these parts that I no longer need, most of which were not fitted to the car and are still as they came from Lexus, so please contact me and we can discuss options.

Regards,

Tom.