Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Clocks

popsy 08

Just changed the clocks in mine to the altezza rs200 ones, The mileage is stored in the eeprom on the mainboard of the speedo.

I too had heard the mileage was stored in the ecu, but obviously not.

Cost £20 to have it changed to correct mileage by local "correction" company.

Really??? Wow that's a but stupid! So I could buy the clocks from a IS200 with say 30k on the clock, put it into mine and suddenly my car will say it's only done 30k?

Surely there's some legal implications with that? Makes it an easy car to sell with fake mileage does it not?

i took mine out trying to bling them up lol was putting a chrome and black surround but ended up falling off the shelf i had it stored on in the kitchen and smashed off the tiles lol ,

i dont think it will adjust to my current mileage as said above so worst case scenario i buy a high mileage set and get it adjusted but would like to save that hassle if possible

If it's just the casing/clear plastic or dial faces broken you can replace all of them seperately, as long as main board is ok inside you can keep your mileage.

I have all the parts available apart from a mainboard.

If you do make sure they are from the same year car, as the later clocks with the mpg gauge at top wont work if your gauge is at the bottom or vice-versa.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links