Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks,

I need a set of car mats fr my 2000 Ls 400

I bought a set of tailored mats supposedly for my car from an eBay vendor but they didn't fit, so I have sent them back.

Des anyone know where I can get a decent set of carpet mats for my car?

I have read old posts that say that a set from a ls430 is a fair fit, but would prefer a perfect fit if possible.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Keith

As it happens, last night I ordered a set of mats from TCM (Tailored Car Mats). I ordered the super-duper, heavy-duty, premier-luxury, double-wrapped for extra favour set, which still cost about one quarter of the 'real' ones from Lexus. If you can wait a day or two, I can give my opinion of them.

It's more the fit that I am interested in. The mats I ordered were from Part buyer and were supposed to fit the 2000 ls400 perfectly. They cost £39. They were nowhere near. Several inches too wide and the fixing holes completely in the wrong places.

Oh and the fixings that the listing says are supplied and are pictured so you can see what they are, are apparently pictured so you can see what the fixings look like, and re not actually supplied at all! Absolute con. This is the eBay item number. 271057138900

Waiting for the refund now, and I will bet that they won't send me the return postage of close to £12 either and I will have to dispute it with eBay and PayPal. Will let you know what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

New mats are a perfect fit - exactly same size as Lexus ones. They are also thicker and stiffer. The stitching of the borders is not as good as on the Lexus mats, but when in the car this isn't an issue.

They cost £58 inc delivery and as this is about one quarter of the price of the originals (this could be checked) I am well chuffed.

www.tailored-carmats.co.uk/

Thanks for all the help folks.

Jeremy, Just noticed that you fitted the matsinto an Ls460... Presumably they are not the same as the ls400 ones? Or are they?

Will take a look at carmats4u mark and see what I can find. Thanks again folks.

I also bought some "tailored" mats about 18 months ago - despite the fact that the photo showed fixing holes, there were in fact none. (It's annoying and potentially dangerous when the driver's side mat won't stay put.)

Also, the material is that nylon "scouring pad" material, not proper carpet, so any bits of grass seed (or whatever) get firmly embedded.

But they were at least the right shape.

I've seen a few LSs for sale with deep-pile rear mats having a wavy pattern on them - I presume these were original? (The factory mats on my old '90 were just plain.)

Ooh-er.

When I bought mats from Lexus for my LS400 in 2004, they cost £170, which remained the most expensive single purchase I had on that car in eight years - apart from tyres. So I reckoned they would now cost at least £200 for my 460. Wrong!

Today I rang Lexus out of curiosity and was quoted £109 for a full set of mats. Ooh-er indeed.

I could take a piccy of my new mats, but they just look like... new mats.

I have some eBay tailored mats in my 430, they are ok and do the job, nowhere near as good as the original ones i admit.

Got me looking at new ones now.

Did you go for the super or ultra deluxe version of the car mats ?

I have some ebay tailored mats in my 430, they are ok and do the job, nowhere near as good as the original ones i admit.

Got me looking at new ones now.

Did you go for the super or ultra deluxe version of the car mats ?

I looked at the Ultra mats and they only come in one colour Black.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links