Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone changed the head unit on a IS220d/ 250 ?? because there is the clock and a/c / heater unit combined with stereo ? only reason is that people been doing this on the 1st gen IS200/300 and what with autoleads / scosche fascia plates readily avaliable but never seen anything like this done on a IS220/250, i quite like the alpine stereo with blue tooth and usb connectivity on my second lexus a IS200 !

Have you considered adding something like a GROM unit to give extra connectivity?

There will be more and more these type of units available i feel sure. No doubt many will include DAB too.

Personally, I would not be in too much of a rush to rip out a very good Pioneer based ( I think) unit when , maybe, it can be adapted relatively easily.

Not trying to preach to you, just a thought that's all.

Have you considered adding something like a GROM unit to give extra connectivity?

There will be more and more these type of units available i feel sure. No doubt many will include DAB too.

Personally, I would not be in too much of a rush to rip out a very good Pioneer based ( I think) unit when , maybe, it can be adapted relatively easily.

Not trying to preach to you, just a thought that's all.

No I haven't because I don't know other options or know much about GROM or any other 'add on' device but its defo a route I go down, rather than mess with the current stereo/heater unit !! at the moment I sometime use the AUX plugged on ipod but its not quite as good as USB connectivity on my other car a IS200 w/ Alpine stereo !