Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Am Absolutely Gutted

you talk a lot of BS matt. i do love my car and if it was stolen then i would want the police to do thier job to get my car back but if human life and public property if being put at risk and being damaged due to a result of this then the police has to call the chase off to protect further properties from being damaged. go back and read this thread all over again and point out where i used the word 'Sue the police' i never asked stevlee to sue i asked him to enquire about who forks out the repair bills for his car. there is a big difference between 'sue' which involves going to court and being actioned by a Judge and forking out repair bills which involves coming out of a 'budget' which both the council/Police dept have in case if such situations arise. Thought you were a smart boy. :lol:

So, let's clarify - your car get's stolen, and because there's a risk that a parked car - with no people in it - might get a bit of (repairable) damage caused to it, you're happy for the police not to chase the thieves that stole your car, and let them get away? Correct?

Now, question 2 - if that happens, are you going to claim from the police for compensation for the value of your car, because they didn't do their job and give chase, and thus did not apprehend the thieves?

I suspect the answer to both of those are "no". Let's see if you're man enough to give an honest answer (actually, it'd surprise me if you actually even answered either of those questions, as per usual)

Moving on... Yes! Let's debate terminology! It's the argument of the failing man. Suing the police vs seeking compensation from the police based on this event. Same thing! Course, you'd know that - you studied law right? Suing a person or organisation is to bring about legal proceedings against that person or organisation, typically for redress. Or, to appeal formally to a person (or organisation) for something - in this case money (as in, monetary compensation)

But of course you know this, because you're fully educated in law, right?

Lastly - yes, that's right. The council's have a budget just for events such as this. Do you think their budget is bottomless too? That sums you up - you see a large, or official, organisation, and you immediately think "oh, they've got the money for this" and expect to be able to take it - like you're entitled to it.

As I said before, you're fast showing that you are a personification of all that is wrong with our society today. Thinking the world owes you something when it doesn't, and thinking you can profit when you haven't earned it.

Jog on sunshine! ;)

read my lips aagain matt. the police are not immune from forking out repair bills to society if they are deemed at fault. my sister had Insurance which covers her property incase of fire, items damage and loss but she did not go through her insurance as per my advise, took it up with the police directly and they repaired her property. Stevlee might or might not have his car repaired by the police/council all depending on what advise he would get from citizens advise. it was another option i proposed to him and who knows if he had come out succesful with the council/police, it wouldnt have taken him four months wait to have his car repaired and his insurance premiums would have also been intact. any way i dont see the point of debating with you matt the dude has had his car repaired and he's happy and i am happy for him. off to watch fast and furious 6. Good night matt..

As you already stated - the police kicking in the wrong door is entirely different to car thieves damaging a parked car. So that one is out (still)

By the way, you missed these (why am I not surprised)

So, let's clarify - your car get's stolen, and because there's a risk that a parked car - with no people in it - might get a bit of (repairable) damage caused to it, you're happy for the police not to chase the thieves that stole your car, and let them get away? Correct?

Now, question 2 - if that happens, are you going to claim from the police for compensation for the value of your car, because they didn't do their job and give chase, and thus did not apprehend the thieves?

Not got the balls to give an honest answer to the above? Thought not.... ;)

still waiting for my pizza hut delivery to turn up to watch my movie with. let me help you out matt. this is my quote from post #51

'i do love my car and if it was stolen then i would want the police to do thier job to get my car back but if human life and public property if being put at risk and being damaged due to a result of this then the police has to call the chase off to protect further properties from being damaged.'

in other words I am happy for the police to pursue my stolen car but if human life and public property is being damaged due to the chase then it can be called off with me knowing the police did everything in thier power to recover my vehicle. I will be happy knowing a human life somewhere and thats including the police life was saved that night and who knows maybe10 other properties be it cars or shops were saved that night due to the chase being called off after the police did thier atmost best to recover my vehicle but deemed it too risky to pursue further due to circumstances and obstacles.

And to think that all those years ago I couldn't wait for the next episode of Dynasty. This could actually run for longer unless you two call it quits!

Ah, the classic Knobby off-tangent. Please, re-read the question and try again;

"your car get's stolen, and because there's a risk that a parked car - with no people in it - might get a bit of (repairable) damage caused to it, you're happy for the police not to chase the thieves that stole your car, and let them get away? Correct?"

I'll give you a clue. It's a one word answer - "Yes" or "No"

Now, for question two that you failed to address (also a one word "yes" or "no" answer)

"if that happens, are you going to claim from the police for compensation for the value of your car, because they didn't do their job and give chase, and thus did not apprehend the thieves?"

Here's another clue, since it appears you really need the help. Neither question has anything to do with human life (as stated quite clearly in question 1).

So, to summarise; the answers you are looking for are;

Question 1 - yes or no

Question 2 - yes or no

Take some time to read them, you do struggle with that, so I'd like you to fully grasp it and give an honest (one word) answer. (Hell, I'd be happy if you lied and gave a false answer, it just makes you look even more foolish!)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links