Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is220Diesel 2007 Eps Fault C1515 C1525

NMCA

hey everybody.

Ive a lexus IS220 diesel 2007 which lost power steering when driving.

FAULT CODES C1515 AND C1525 to do with torque sensor re calibration undone

Re calibration has been carried out numerous times but not sucessfull.

A used eps ecu was fitted and the two codes immidiately dissapeared when ignition on, however whenn it would start the code C1512 would a[[ear which is torque sensor malfunction.

We re calibrated the sensor and now we are back with C1515 AND 1525.

Has anybody found a solution to this issue?

help needed,

• 5 years later...

Don't you just hate 1 post wonders?

Obs slipped their mind to come back and report ( if any) remedies to the original fault to assist others in their exact same posistion!

sorry rant over, bit of a bug bear of mine but I'll get me coat and be gone soon.

paul m.

Apologies . This was quite some time ago. I never continued it on here as there was no feed back from what I can remember. 

This was fixed . But I would need to go back through old noted to confirm the process/repair .    

It was a wiring fault of some sort. Vehicle previously had a small fire in at Battery .   And it had damaged a section of the loom.  There was a damaged wire for torque sensor . Maybe a yellow and black one. My memory is vague on this but I do have notes  somewhere on it and can help talk anybody through the exact diagnostic procedure and remedy if need be. 

Excellent, thanks for responding and giving advice on the problem. This is what makes these 'unofficial' sites invaluable when it comes to trying to get to the bottom of obscure problems that garages/dealerships could otherwise take you to the cleaners for, every little bit of info helps.

paul m.

If you could check your info on notes and write back, that would be great, I have the exact fault you described and after calibrating sensor same codes appear.