Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls430 2002 Twitchy Moving Back End

Hi team

When I go over a pot hole or repair in the road the back end sort of kicks out, I had it on my ls 400 but just lived with it.

Any experience if this? And if so what's the exact cause, don't want to have to replace every component , it's just got a twitchy bum .

When I bought my Ls 400 it had the same symptoms - turned out to be a rear upper suspension arm which I replaced and the problem went. However, it seems to be starting to display similar symptoms again, so I'll have to investigate. The state of the roads don't help though.

Pete

This sounds like suspension wear on the bushes it probably requires all of them replacing as your mileage is higher than when they should require replacing.
The next symptom will be vibration at high speed as they get worse.

jack up the rear of the car. With your hands at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock, try rocking the wheel. Do the same at 3 and 9 o'clock. this will show up any wear in the ball joints.

Whiles it up in the air you can test the bushes on the tie bars. There should be no movement at all. Its a pig to change the bushes but you can do it without removing the tie bar from the car and they are only about £30.

Failing that, ask Lexus UK about the terms of their guarantee. Its a disgrace that things go wrong with so few miles.

Mines only 20 years old with only 192k on her and already things are starting to go wrong.

Jack up the rear of the car. With your hands at 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock, try rocking the wheel. Do the same at 3 and 9 o'clock. this will show up any wear in the ball joints.

Whiles it up in the air you can test the bushes on the tie bars. There should be no movement at all. Its a pig to change the bushes but you can do it without removing the tie bar from the car and they are only about £30.

Failing that, ask Lexus UK about the terms of their guarantee. Its a disgrace that things go wrong with so few miles.

Mines only 20 years old with only 192k on her and already things are starting to go wrong.

You cant rely on anyone these days.

Bring back the good old days when it only took half the morning just to get it started. Mike

Shocking!!!! How many cars do you know that need bushes changing after 317,000 miles !????

Do you guys think I should involve trading standards or just go straight to the MVRA, to complain of such shoddy workmanship ????

Oh come on???? Don't take the urine..... Blowing exhaust after 30 years, your having a laugh. Look if your not going contribute seriously then don't bother..... Can't believe you would come out with such a silly comment ......go and stand I the corner .. NOW!!!!

You've let the whole site down

Bring back Esther rantzen!!!!! She would have sorted it !!!!!

And as for bookend with his 43k 2001 example ....... Her driving up and down the m1 Steve it needs running in .....

Been out today and done another 50 miles so it's going up slowly. I want this car to last a very long time so keep the miles down and let my others take the brunt.