Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

This Has Come Up In My Home Town ...

This car has come up on eBay. It is in my home town and I'm quite tempted to go and have a look. If I bought it as a second LS, would it be worthwhile as restoration project? Or something? What is it worth do you reckon?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1993-LEXUS-LS400-BLUE-/290902481726?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D7122973024940832860%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D290902481726%26

Those of you who have more than one LS, what do you tend to do with the second/third cars that you have?

There are better examples about ,thats not to say it is a bad buy but there are a few problems that might start with the older models that will not be easily fixed as they used to be.I am refering to the new rules on the mot.namely dashboard warning lights and illumination of clocks.

The spares are drying up that are servicable as a lot of the pre 95 models have been scrapped,suspension and mechanical spares are still available but the rear subframe on pre 94 models was discontinued back in 2003,One of the reasons I let my 90 mark 1 go and went for a mark 4 is the rear subframe was badly corroded although the rest of the car was spot on.

Thats strange this car dosent show up in the normal search for LS400. Mike

If you cast your mind back Mike, I started a thread about a year back concerning this, and I think you posted on it.

Select Lexus as the make, then type ls400 in the search box, and you get more results than selecting ls400 from the list on the left - no idea why, and I don't think anybody else did in that old thread either.

I've just tried it, and sure enough the car is there.

You are of course correct. My old memory aint what it used to be.

I will try my hardest to commit these facts to long term memory for instant recall at a later date. Dont hold your breath though.

Many thanks though for reminding me. Mike

I quite like the old cars too. Not too many left so be quick and £500 will probably get you what you want. Shame really.

The leather on the early cars is by far the best.

The mileage is confusing - its showing 188000? but actual is 137000? when its had replacement clocks by the main dealer? I thoguth the actual would be higher than whats showing?

Yes I couldnt make sense of that. Mike

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links