Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cabin Filter

I checked the cabin filter last week and found it really clogged up. Just arrived, one I ordered off eBay for £5 includes postage as well, oem. Took 2 mins to fit. Better than paying dealer £40!

• Like 1

Thanks Steve; that sounds like good advice. But do please help me out; where do I find the cabin filter?

What did you notice to prompt you to check it in the first place?

Thank you Steve, and Marty for asking the right question. I've owned by Mk 3 LS400 for a year now and the Cabin Filter condition had never crossed my mind. As soon as I finished reading the above I rushed out to check inside my glove compartment and sure enough, I found a very dirty filter laced with dead insects and other debris. My annual service is due next week (after the dreaded MOT on Monday) and a new filter will be in my List-to-Do. Another useful post!

• 1 month later...

Steve Just had my 80K service (£340 incidentally)......cabin filter was changed. And its changed every other service so should have been changed at your 60K.

Please make sure you have the filter tray in the right position, before you start this project, or you can bust the gear mechanism.

Pretty sure you have to turn on the ignition and set the air flow to 'recirculate' to elevate the filter tray to the right place.(scuse slight vagueness but I have a shortcut for this on my ipad at home, nowt here at work).

Seen reports of American friends breaking it and having the dash removed to repair.

Sorry, not meaning to panic anyone.....better forewarned!!

Steve Just had my 80K service (£340 incidentally)......cabin filter was changed. And its changed every other service so should have been changed at your 60K.

I told them beforehand, so it wasn't on the invoice. How much did they charge you?

I told them beforehand, so it wasn't on the invoice. How much did they charge you?

Not sure invoice is in the car, I was just mentioning it as you refered to it being not included on there service schedule, when actually it is.

Got front brake discs and pads all round from Euro parts for £205, which includes a 25% discount. Its all arrived and the discs look identical to whats on. Getting them fitted in a few weeks so i'll let you know how they go.

Also this week had two Kumho tyres fitted at the rear £140 each saving £80 each over the original Bridgstones, and so far they feel pretty good. Official wet rating is A against C for the Bridgstones, so they should be better in the wet too.

Not sure invoice is in the car, I was just mentioning it as you refered to it being not included on there service schedule, when actually it is.

Got front brake discs and pads all round from Euro parts for £205, which includes a 25% discount. Its all arrived and the discs look identical to whats on. Getting them fitted in a few weeks so i'll let you know how they go.

Also this week had two Kumho tyres fitted at the rear £140 each saving £80 each over the original Bridgstones, and so far they feel pretty good. Official wet rating is A against C for the Bridgstones, so they should be better in the wet too.

Yes, keep us informed on the Kumbo's. I've done 14k on the Bridgestones so far and still 6mm left, so they are expensive but seem to wear well. If the Kumbo's can have the same grip and wear i'll look into them next year.

The dealer said my brakes will need changing at the next service. I'm doing as you and buying them myself but also fitted them myself too.

Yes the Bridgestone's did wear well, I've done 20K on the rears and they weren't quite brand new when I had the car. I've also done too mini track days, and a trip to the ring within that so they did do really well. I suspect the kumhos are a little softer, we'll see.

• 5 months later...

Don't forget these are Lexus dealers not your run of the mill, £26.50 inc VAT for the carbon air filter and they fitted it for free for me. It's the little things like this that keep me coming back to Lexus :)

Mine didn't look like it had ever been changed , it's been serviced at various Lexus dealerships and was pure black , there's no way they get that black in ten thousand miles , I don't think dealers do what there supposed to .saying that I do deal with Lexus carlisle and any of my cars have always been done correctly but if I've bought a car from a different dealer they haven't done everything I,m sure

Mine had never been changed either. In fact it had a 2008 date stamp on it. Same with the air filter. Mine also has full Lexus service history.

Like I said mate services are a load of bull from dealers , we take them there pay top whack just for a stupid Lexus stamp., I picked my car up from Lexus leister , they did service it ready to go at 69000 miles but it was just a minor service , the air filter was rotten when I checked it when I got it home , it isn't supposed to be changed at this service , tell me why if it's rotten for the sake of maintaining a lovely car and for a tenner they didn't just look at it and change it , what crap , I bought one myself and put it in , really gets me wound up services and how they stick to the book , if it's dirty change it .

Don't forget there are two types of IS filter, a normal white one (£19) and a carbon activated one which is black / grey colour (£26) so if it is just looking dirty because it's black colour it may just be a carbon one (flies etc not withstanding lol) :)

Don't forget there are two types of IS filter, a normal white one (£19) and a carbon activated one which is black / grey colour (£26) so if it is just looking dirty because it's black colour it may just be a carbon one (flies etc not withstanding lol) :)

It's defo not a carbon one mate , white paper in places

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links