Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Chip

Riggs-UK

I have a performance chip which was connected to my Lexus IS 220D turbo for over a year.
It works wonders, no turbo lag, higher rpm and power through the
gears and even managed to use 6 gear at 75mph and not at 90mph lol.

I filled my tank up on £70.00 ever time, and before fitting this i would get
370 miles. Now i get around 450 miles from only £70.00 a tank of fuel.
The power increase is from 175 bhp to about 215 bhp same as the IS 250 but half the amount of fuel.

Edited by ColinBarber

Well if this isn't a blatant advert I'll be amazed! and I'm sceptical of 'magic chips' that increase power and mpg! How is that even possible????? 40bhp and better mpg from a magic chip... I call bulls%*%!!

Oh and your supposed to be a paid up gold member to sell things on this forum!

Have you tried one ? I have and yes was also sceptical at first, but works a treat for over a year, if it didn't i would of sent it back or binned it. I have proved to myself this chip does work so i don't need to prove it to anyone.

Like I said not a paid gold member so you shouldn't be putting links up to things your selling.

And maybe I was a bit harsh but it's irritating when people sell these magic chips. How about some dyno charts proving what you claim. I can't see how a car produces more BHP with using less fuel. Theres no way a chip gives 40 more horses and improves mpg.

You've even put and registered trade mark symbol next to spider. Why would a normal person selling something do that? Like you care if it's registered or not unless of course you work for this company and are posting on their behalf.

Your post also reads like it just came out of a catalog!

Oh and money doesn't matter to you? Why sell something that cost u £300 for a tenner? Even Alan Sugar wouldn't do that and he has billions!

Moderators.... I apologise if I'm wrong but I don't want to see LOC members taken for a ride! I've been on the forum a while now and hopefully you know I'm not trying to cause arguments just looking out for the welfare of our club which I'm proud to be part of :)

Just posting my experience and I liked the product and only wanted other members to know it does work but don't set these to high or your Lexus sensors will shut the engine off.

Like i said... Your claiming power increase figures of 40bhp. That's quite a lot. How do you know this if you haven't had it on a rolling road? Don't come on a car forum where people know about cars claiming quite significant power increases without proof or you will get shot down. Also is this the best kept secret in the world? If the figures you claim are correct then every IS220d owner would have/want one? Such as most people would love a supercharger on their IS200 as it gives 70 more BHP but for that privilege you have to pay £2000. So for £300 on the diesel you can get half that power? You see why I'm sceptical?

So if everything you say is true surely you have some proof of this? All I'm asking for us proof. I could say buy this green magic tree air fresher from me and it'll give you 40bhp more.... I have no proof but take my word for it!

The Chip is linked into the car ECU electrics, so it also opens the EGC letting more air flow and RPM is also changed for the better, yes more fuel is used if you drive like a fool but not enough to notice, you drive carfully and you will get more mpg, The graph is on the deisel tune website i think but I have seen 1 either on there or here, as this topic has been mentioned on this site before.

I understand what your saying but you can notice the difference in power and acceleration, I took it off yesterday and I've been out today in the car and no word of a lie, its slower less power, and that tubo lag is back up to 2000 RPM, There is a company that sells these and if they didnt work they would go bust and they been around for a long time, its not magic it just fools the onboard ecu in thinking how much air fuel and revs to put in at a given time, just look it up on net.

P.S. I have this chip set up to 205 bhp and reduced the rpm switch only cus on the higher settings puts the car into limp mode when you hit 5500rpm. It will use more fuel if you speed everywhere but where this chip works best is when you drive normal and it does save on fuel then. I don't care what it does all I know this deisel car has a crap engine and this chipped made it enjoyable to drive again, I'm just glad i've sold the car its one of Lexus failed projects into the deisel market.

I don't need graphs as I know it helps this car pull away better and better acceleration through all gears.

I won't share my experience about something I don't believe in.

As I have one installed in my 2012 BMW 120D I can speak with some conviction. They DO increase BHP AND reduce fuel consumption BUT you do lose out at top speeds in my case about 10mph but who cares it'll stiil do 130mph + with little effort

My 120D Executive now accelerates faster than the Motorsport version

If that's case Lexmanic, like I said I apologise.

The reason I reacted like that is I've seen a lot of 1 off posts from people selling things that will magically transform your car and that's why I pushed you for proof.

As it was your 1st ever post I assumed it was SPAM. Maybe introduce yourself to the community first. I'm still sceptical it gives 40 more horses but there you go. Seeing is believing in my case.

So let's start over.... Welcome to LOC :)

I've been on these forums for 2 years now but, I have never registered untill today. I have read alot of post on the spider from here and people asking if its worth it or not, I was being honist and its a good bit of kit for the 220D because of the useless turbo lag and slow response, I wouldn't say its magic Chris, but its noticable once connected to the 220D, Infact i would not drive the car without it, it just gives the 220D better response before the turbo kicks in and better perfomance on the motor way.

Like I said i would love if a member tryed 1 like I did, as it does do what it says on the tin.

Anyways thanks for the Welcome

Cant edit this myself but please refrain from posting thinly disguised ad's. If you become a Gold member you can advertise anything you want.

Sorry if this seems harsh but your post seems more like a for sale add than one purely for information purposes.

on a turbo diesel engine it is normally quite easy to increase the boost pressure to give extra power. Normally to get the best mpg you would tune the chip specifically for the particular engine on a rolling road rather than some generic mapping. I know plenty of people with BMWs, Hondas, Fords etc who have all increased power and lowered mpg by chipping their vehicles.

The chip box dose work.i have one I also took it out yesterday to see the diffrence and trust me I was shocked how cral the car was slowed down at around about in second was still doin 15 mph Nd had to drol into first to get car to move and general drive massive delay accelorating.chip will go back in today plusy mpg said 36 just like before I installed it last time.and with chip I averaged 47.7 mp last week and b roads with putting my foot down. Only thing is I opend the box ibwas under impression it was adhustable. All it is is like a chip block from a pc like a motherboard

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys, to whom should be interested i'm selling, after almost 1 and half year of satisfaction, my performance module CNTECH CR6-SB for Lexus IS220D. This is the link:

http://annunci.ebay.it/annunci/ricambi-e-accessori/como-annunci-como/modulo-centralina-aggiuntiva-cr6-sb-lexus-is220d/47552610

I sell it for half price i paid for it (demonstrable obviously) and so 150 Euro. I can send everywhere in Europe and maybe outside also.

Here in Italy this brand is the best and well known to achieve high performances with safety for the engine.

I runned it for almost 20000 Km without any problem.

Thanks.

Somewhat confused here Riggs. Have you still got the car or not since your posts seem to indicate that you have sold it but also that you still have it!

Hi Dave, yes took the chip off as I was selling the car and bought an Is250, so after talking to the reps at lexus, even they said the Is220D was a flop and stay away from them, the engine is terrible and they had so many of these come back for engine rebuilt. I wasn't happy with the car due to the turbo lag, slow response and eating oil like it was fuel. It was a company car so it had to be diesel, I had to bite the bullet and sold the Is220D back to lexus and they sold me an IS250 petrol car which is 100 times better then the 220D, but now I have to pay for my own fuel and can't put it through the business, but I wont drive any other car I love the lexus cars.

I had to wait a week for the new IS250 from lexus so i Drove my old Is220D for that extra week so I took the chip off and it was back to being a lazy bulldog again, went to pull out onto the roundabout and it just crawled and nearly had an accident, I forgot how good this chip made the car more responsive. Even though I love my new Is250, it is costing me more in fuel around town, but on motor ways i sit at 75mph and it hits 40 mpg which is wonderful. The Is220d that i had at best got 35mpg at 75mph. I got 430 miles on £70.00 in the IS250 on the motorway, compared to my old Is220D which only did 380 miles at best. Around town the Is250 does about 300 miles for £70.00. I say £70.00 as this is all i can jam into the tank, its so small lol. So as i'm paying for my own fuel now I have been keeping as eye on the fuel. My next car I would like the new IS250 with hybrid but cant afford £30,000.00 yet lol

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

i've read all through this thread and am aware of the differing points of view. I ordered a box from racechip, the pro2 at a cost of 186.00. if anyone has one, can you give me the settings for the 220d? This one has two adjusters one for bhp and one for torque. Now, i don't have access to a rolling road and although not skint, i won't go to a facility to prove a point. I will try the box at various settings and report back. Everyone has different opinions of these things but as the racechip company offers a money back guarantee...All i have to say is that wifey feels sick, please give me cash back.. who knows? It will either work to my satisfaction or it won't. wait and see. It should be here before fifth of november.

I'm not saying this is a definitive test, but i will give you my opinions.

the bear