Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hahaha, Yeah, Ok!

Spotted an exhaust on eBay ( http://bit.ly/150YP8U ) and mailed the seller to see if he'd sell me just the tailpipe trim. Got a reply back this morning saying yes, for £60 plus postage!

I just laughed at him!

Waddya expect the sellers a Teesider for gawds sake . Was them what hung the monkey yer knows :shifty: .....thought is was a French spy the dozy sods

Yeah pretty sure he meant the back box, cus thats crazy. He prolly doesnt even realise it has a tip and to be fair Lexus did a good job of making it look all integrated etc

Anyway matt you still after a tip? surely its not that hard to find one that fits the IS? I got one for my last car for about a tenner i think, just had to cut it down slightly

I'd have a tip if I could find one, but after looking around, I'm not gonna bother sticking an aftermarket one on - if I'm gonna do it, I'd stick the proper one on, but it's 1) finding one and 2) getting it for a decent price. Last one I saw sold for £20, and I own't pay that much for one; it's not worth it (to me)

There was a member on here that said they were going to sell theirs; I PM'd him twice but no reply...

Ah fair enough. Well good luck finding one, if you keep your eyes peeled one will pop up at a good price eventually im guessing, but £20 for a genuine one would be a good deal imo

Im also looking out for some chrome door sills and foot pedals to come up at a good price

Bandit - I saw that one, but up for more than I'm willing to pay for one!

Shj - I really cba! Also, I quite like the slight slash cut with rounded edges the trim has...

just polish the tip of your exhaust!

img0310xs.jpg

finishes up like this

img0311zf.jpg

I would like to do the whole back box.

i can ba! :) ive tried cleaning mine up but cant get a perfect finish, what did you use?

i can ba! :) ive tried cleaning mine up but cant get a perfect finish, what did you use?

I washed with alloy wheel cleaner, then petrol to remove tar, then some pink oven cleaner let it sit for 10 mins ( oven cleaner had no effect on the polished tip) but cleaned the back box like magic! finished it off with autosol metal polish.

If your looking one for less than £20 you'll likely have to put some effort into cleaning it up to.

To maintain my shine i just wash it when washing the car ;) and de tar it when I'm doing doing the car twice a year.

I have never used oven cleaner when hot.

I also haven't done the rear facing (the flat end plate that the tip is attatched to that drivers behind can see) apparently it is originally painted black.