Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Wheels

So I went to Lexus today to see if they could solve my mysterious steering wobble and 55-70 mph. Turned out all the wheels are buckled. So had a choice to make, spend £300+ on repair and refurb or £420 on a new set of rims.

I bought the new rims and treated myself to 4 brand new Yokohama tyres. Hopefully they will all be on the car by the meet on Sunday :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/18-MESH-312S-ALLOY-WHEELS-FIT-LEXUS-GS300-GS430-IS200-IS220-IS250-IS300-/170908678574?pt=UK_CarParts_Acc_Wheels_tyres_Trims_Car_Rims_ET&hash=item27caf379ae

Very smart, they should look good once fitted. I'm sure I saw that spoke pattern on a Jag just recently - it was the stud like embellishments at the rim-end of the spokes that caught my eye.

Post some images when your done, I'm sure we'd all like to see the result.

I know. Things all look good but then the hinge arms of the boot lid need to go back in.... :lol:

Had to undo the handle bars on kids bike today to fit it in the boot as it won't fit with the roof down... :ph34r:

Consider the boot in the IS 'big'

Give me a shout when the wheels are on and get me a picture. Make sure you leave some space on the side for some logo crap etc...

Wheels in an IS is a piece of p!ss - I had 4x 17's (wheels with tyres) on the back seat and 4x 17's (tyres) in the boot, and still had plenty of room. I even had to strap the ones in the back down to stop them sliding about

Tyres are probably a bit easier to squeeze in the boot. The boot won't take two alloys next to each other and two up. With a lot of shuffling around they fit in standing up next to each other with some space behind them which you can't fill as you need that to move them into to get them in/out.

I didn't want mine on the back seat and mucky my cream interior up....

It was a good laugh getting them in I can say....

file-4.jpg

Cheers Ray, yeah I'll send you a good pic of the car with the wheels on.... It's going on stand at japfest so a good photo opportunity I think :)

I couldn't get the tyres in the boot at all... might have something to do with the fact it's full of knives and catering equipment!! Freelance chef see :lol:

Two 17" tyres (215/45 or 205/50) *just* fit side by side, laying flat, in the boot. I had a third in the spare wheel well, and a 4th perched on top of the two laying flat. Didn't even have to squeeze the boot lid shut!

I then had 4 wheels, with tyres, on the back seats (with a couple of sheets of course!) and they actually had to be strapped in to stop them moving!

18's might be pushing it, however, it is only a half inch either side, depending on your aspect ratio of course....

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links