Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Exhaust Cleaning On Is200

Ive been trying to tackle my exhaust but cant get it any better than this, can anyone advice me how to get this yellow/black grime off? I sprayed it with oven cleaner when hot and then tried tare remover, but this is the best i could get it! alot better than it was but not perfect by a long way. any advice would be appreciated

2013-05-03_15-12-21_687_zps7ff86f93.jpg

2013-05-03_15-11-55_98_zpsbf35205c.jpg

Thanks. I was using a plastic scower, ill get a wire wool

that flaky stuff on the back of the back box, is that superficial?

Thanks. I was using a plastic scower, ill get a wire wool

that flaky stuff on the back of the back box, is that superficial?

Yup looks like it. Mine hasn't gone flaky though :/

silly question Petay but why would you want to clean the whole back box?? no one ever sees it unless the car is jacked up lol. from behind, one only sees the tailpipe and thats it. but hey if you feel the need to clean the whole back box am not stopping you :)

silly question Petay but why would you want to clean the whole back box?? no one ever sees it unless the car is jacked up lol. from behind, one only sees the tailpipe and thats it. but hey if you feel the need to clean the whole back box am not stopping you :)

From a distance, an a number of angles the back box is fairly noticeable not so much if its dirty! But if anyone is looking they will see that the person ACTUALLY keeps a clean car rather than a "paint clean" car. Also for your own satisfaction, to know that you go the extra mile to keep your motor top notch;)

See my pictures in this post the back box is visable. I kneeled for a better shot.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/82117-hahaha-yeah-ok/page-2#entry820049

When I look at a car I look for sparkling arches and everything! I even use Autoglym vinyl and rubber care on my arch liner to keep them black.

lol its alright noby, yeah just like to know its clean also, and it is quite visible Same reason so many people like a clean engine bay i guess

Always been a big car lover all my life, but im not the type to think a car is good just because its mine and admit that all my previous cars were mediocre run a rounds. I have been waiting for this time in my life to come around and this is the first car ive owned that ive been passionate about and love to bits, ive always wanted one and i love going the extra mile to keep it as clean as possible, i just get an enjoyment from it. It might wear off on me as i get older but who knows

God knows what ill be like when i get my classic :whistling: (which is only in my dreams atm)

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links