Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warning Message - Oil Maintenance Required

Hi All,

I wondered if anybody had ever received the following message on the computer display......Oil Maintenance Required? The message was accompanied by the red warning light, but I can't find mention of it within the manual.

I check my oil/water fairly regularly and didn't have a problem in the last 6000 miles, though about two weeks back I did notice that my water was below the low level and my oil was just below the midway mark. I topped up the oil with some low ash Mobil 1, and also topped up the water too. I have to say that I found the dip stick impossible to use after the initial check - the subsquent checks just caused the oil to smear along the dip stick, no matter how fast or slow I pulled it! I have never ever had trouble with a dip stick on any car, whether new or old, so found this very annoying indeed!

My car has run as usual, despite using the Bardhal intake/egr cleaner coupled with some BG244, so it varies between feeling pokey and feeling strangled; though mostly strangled!!

I haven't had chance to check the oil as we were on our way out and got back when it was dark. Anyone had this warning message, or know what causes it?

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I know it has been a little while since you asked how to reset the warning light. It is definitely in the big instruction manual that came with The car. This is how I did it when I was late for my service and the light came on.

Hold down the trip odometer stick and press the start button twice until all the instrument panel lights come on (note: do not press the clutch or the brake pedal when you press the start button, otherwise the engine will fire). Keep the trip odometer stick pressed in until you see some flashes on the trip odometer, and the warning light disappear.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links