Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Traction Control Light Flashing

Hi can any body help my traction light is flashing the snow one works fine and no engine light on what could the fault be thanks also handbrake light is on even with handbrake released and fluid is full thanks

Happen to my old car before, I just reset the ecu than it gone, but I would not recommend this, I would say get the code reader first to read the code if nothing identify than try reset the ecu.

The first thing to do is have your OBDII codes read,once you have the fault codes diagnosis will be a whole lot easier.

Have a read of the link below which demonstrates the correct proceedure for diagnosis and fault tracing.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/82372-is200-abs-and-trc-warning-light-fault-solution/#entry821448

Removal of the calipers for painting should not have caused the fault as the ABS sensors located behind the hub should not have been disturbed unless the guy started hammering things in the area. He could have damaged a brake pad wear sensor but this would not produce an ABS fault.

• 3 years later...

Have same problem,TRC light flashing and handbrake light on permanent .Have repaired a damaged ABS cable on the front passenger side and tested the resistance before replacing.Did the wire cross in the diagnostic box and lights go out,press brake the H'brake light returns then half a mile later TRC light on. Replaced rear pads,checked front pads and checked ABS sensor on driver side. Start car lights out then same as before,except now I need to bleed the brakes!Any advice very thankfully recieved