Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

A Very Surprised New Member

Niall_farley

That's really smart mate! What splitter have you got on the front? Very smart

Thanks.

It is the TTE splitter, fitted to most of the mk2 GS "Sport" models.

• Like 1

Thanks.

Thanks mate il check it out I need to do my research on these. What other differences is there? Mine is just the s :( but will be buying leathers.... Is there sport leathers different to normal? Anything else?

Thanks mate

Thanks.

Thanks mate il check it out I need to do my research on these. What other differences is there? Mine is just the s :( but will be buying leathers.... Is there sport leathers different to normal? Anything else?

Thanks mate

There is nothing major that is different to be honest. The splitter, "Sport" decals on the rear quarter glass in the back doors, wheels (mine are the mk1 sport wheels, but the mk2's had their own style ones also), lowered all round by 25mm (someone had put stock springs on mine so I needed to relower it - which Is why I used GMax springs), I think Xenon headlamps where standard ont he Sports, and optional on all other models, and I think depending on interior colour, there was the black walnut trim. I think that is it for the factory differences.

Other changes I have done to mine are all fairly subtle, carbon eyebrows, LED rear light cluster, LED rear fogs, Rear screen spoiler, smoked side repeaters, nothing major. The Anthracite colour of the wheels are the winter set, the summer rubber are on the same style wheels, but in the bright sparkle silver.

• Like 1

Welcome along!

Nice looking GS! I nearly swapped my IS for a GS. Lovely cars. Nearly as good looking as IS's too :whistling:

It's hard parting from BMW but you get over it at some point :eerrrmm:

I need your number plate!!!!! :wub:

• Like 1

What are the current tyre sizes you have on? If they are too skinny, but the right profile for the wheel, you may have to drop wheel size.

I could easy squeeze a bigger profile in the arch cap is monumental haha the rears have a 245/40/18 profile on which seems to be fine but the fronts are on 225/40/18 I think it needs knocking up to a 45 profile been a skinnier tire.

And the gmax springs do look ok but the arch gap... Wow I was hoping for more like a 35/40mm drop but I can't seem to find anything on that level. I reckon with bigger tires on I might change my mind about the drop

245/40/18 is the right size, so the 225 are too small on the profile, 245/45 would be closer (but slightly larger).

I can post some pics up of mine with the GMAX springs so you can get an idea of the ride height. I don't have any pics to hand right now though. I'd say they are pretty spot to be honest, my front bumper is far to prone to catching stuff already without going any lower.

Great I'd appreciate the pics :D thanks! What wheel size are you running?

A few pics to show the ride height with the GMax springs.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thats the best looking GS ive ever seen. Even love the lights and im fussy when it comes to that kind of thing. and its a 430 to boot. Awesome!

• Like 1

Thats the best looking GS ive ever seen. Even love the lights and im fussy when it comes to that kind of thing. and its a 430 to boot. Awesome!

Welcome along!

Nice looking GS! I nearly swapped my IS for a GS. Lovely cars. Nearly as good looking as IS's too :whistling:

It's hard parting from BMW but you get over it at some point :eerrrmm:

I need your number plate!!!!! :wub:

The plate is provisionally sold mate unfortunately :(

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links