Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Sport Aero Specs?

PCD is the same as any IS200 wheel, 114.3 x 5

Width is 7.5J

And the offset is 45 or 50, I can't remember.

Cheers dude, maybe you could advise me on this. I want to keep all four tires but buy 4 new rims, I've been looking at some Rota Grid Drift 18" but none of the specs match, will this upset the tires or will I need them to match? I'm just not sure and don't particularly wanna fork our a shed load for 4 new tires!

You need 4 bits of information to know if you can do that.

1. Current wheel width: Aeros are 7.5

2. New wheel width: Grid Drifts are 8.5 I think?

3. Tyre width: Should be 225 if they are correctly sized for Aero wheels.

You could safely put 225 tyres onto an 8 inch rim, but they would be a bit narrow for 8.5" rims. They would still physically fit, but you get what's called 'stretch' where the sidewalls are at an angle which stiffens the tyre and makes them less grippy.

Okay,

1. Correct my Aero's are 7.5 (Checked my spare)

2. Grid Drift 18" come in 8.5", 9.5", 10"

3. All four of my tires are 235/40

That said could I get away with Grid Drift's at 18" with 8.5" width, then I have a range of offsets, ET20, ET30, ET35, ET44 (I also have brembo brakes, so not sure if this plays a part?)

One thing I will say before you get too carried away, you won't be able to put 8.5 inch rims on the front without rolling/stretching the arches, running stretched tyres and probably using spacers too.

There's a suspension arm in there that means you have very little clearance on the front, so you have to space them out. Which means you have to get the arches done so they don't stick out.

The best setup from what I've seen is to have 8" on the front and 9" on the back. That gives you a nice flush setup that doesn't stick out and doesn't need body modifications either.

One thing I will say before you get too carried away, you won't be able to put 8.5 inch rims on the front without rolling/stretching the arches, running stretched tyres and probably using spacers too.

There's a suspension arm in there that means you have very little clearance on the front, so you have to space them out. Which means you have to get the arches done so they don't stick out.

The best setup from what I've seen is to have 8" on the front and 9" on the back. That gives you a nice flush setup that doesn't stick out and doesn't need body modifications either.

I guess I'm just looking for an understanding is all! :)

So from what you've set a maximum of 8" on the front and 9" on the back. What about offset? is there a minimum/maximum I should be aware of do you know?

Thanks for the help btw! :)