Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 300H F-Sport Review And Colour Combo Question

1. I forget which one it was but I'm sure one of the reviews states that the IS300h has the best in gear performance than any of its rivals

in terms of effortless driving it probably wins where you have the instant torque from the electric motor. But it really isn't fair to compare directly against a normal transmission vehicle which is held in-gear, the IS will rev up the engine so I don't feel it is technically being 'held' in-gear

best times for manuals are quoted usually in best gear, for instance 3rd for 80-120kmh, not in 6th..

What i find interesting is that some review mention good instant acceleration and some that acceleration cant be felt at all... I bet acceleration under 100 mpg is pretty strong, as the car has a lot more hp than CT200h - 63%.

Thing is the IS350 isnt even that bad on fuel, petrol engines have come a long way but people just wont bite the bullet and see.

i guess hybrids are evolution of petrols anyway :-).

My GS350 AWD got 12-15 mpg (US MPG) in city driving (normal, not "eco") in European cities... actual highway steady driving was quite good - 25-28 mpg for 80-100 mph highway... but of course, as soon as you are off the highway, your average drops right away since you are constantly slowing down and accelerating and that ruins averages quickly.

For instance GS350 averaged around 15 MPG (US) for me, while much more boring IS220d averages 24 MPG over same routes.

From my past experience, I think i will get around 30 MPG in IS300h, easily... and >35 MPG (US) if I pamper it... those are pretty good numbers considering my wife's 1.4 Nissan Note gets 25 mpg (same routes).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links