Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fast Indicator Problem?

Small annoying issue that doesn't seem right. Basically today my new headlights came through and I set off on a 2 hour job of replacing them with my old ones, before my indicators were like any other car, once everything had been installed and engine running smooth, I flicked the hazards on and again the normal flashing was present on all 6 lights, however when i have the indicators on separately they like to flash all of sudden stupidly quick like there on MD or something :L

Anyone had this issue or know how to resolve the problem?

Random Image I took:

IMG_6242_zps761e0c20.jpg

Did you replace the bulbs with LED ones? What you describe is known as hyper-flashing and is usually caused when one switches from a normal bulb to a LED one. A faulty flasher can cause hyper-flashing too but I can't see how switching headlights would have caused it to malfunction.

Did you replace the bulbs with LED ones? What you describe is known as hyper-flashing and is usually caused when one switches from a normal bulb to a LED one. A faulty flasher can cause hyper-flashing too but I can't see how switching headlights would have caused it to malfunction.

I didn't change any of the bulbs, just the actual headlight housing unit on both sides! Neither do I, but what I don't get is hazards on, unlocking/locking the car all work fine, just the indicators on separately it don't like :(

It does sound like you have a mixture of leds and normal blubs in your lights.

Did you re-use your old bulbs or the ones supplied with the new lights?

Are the lights Lexus original ones?

It does sound like you have a mixture of leds and normal blubs in your lights.

Did you re-use your old bulbs or the ones supplied with the new lights?

Are the lights Lexus original ones?

Well this is what I have on the front:

Sidelights - 6 SMD White

Dipped - 6000k Xenons with Ballasts

Main - Box standard Halogens

Indicators - Never touched or replaced

Fogs - 8000k Xenons with Ballasts

I didn't replace any bulbs because I didn't need to, I was only replacing the housing because my old ones were tacky, worn and scratched to F&$*!!

The lights are straight from Toyota! So they are genuine OEM quality :) I've been told it's the relay, doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the bulbs because they all work fine, the indicators all work normal on unlock.lock and when hazards are switched on.

• Like 1

Just that when i swopped from normal to LED i just changed the fronts first and tested with the hazard switch and all was fine, till i set off and came to my first corner and found the turn signals flashed rapidly, had to buy a new relay thats for leds not normal bulbs.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links