Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Power Steering Fluid

Hi Guys this may be a stupid question, but I need to top up my power steering fluid for my is200 manual gear box.

I went to Halfords and they checked on the system and said it that PSF was recommended for my car but the manual i think is saying to use ATF 2/3.

Which is the correct fluid I need to top up my power steering, thanks???

thanks for your answer, i will get it refunded. Is it ok to top up the power steering fluid already present or should i drain the power steering fluid out and replace it all??

no you can just top it up but if it needs topping up you will have a leak so best just to top it up and check for a leak also most power steering fluids and auto gearbox fluids are the same just look at the spec on the bottle normally red in colour

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Ive got a leek from the pipe at the front of the radiator, it looks like its actually leaking from one of the rubbery pipes.

I was thinking of using slick 50 power steering repair fluid, anybody got any comments on that ?

cc

Hi Guys,

Ive got a leek from the pipe at the front of the radiator, it looks like its actually leaking from one of the rubbery pipes.

I was thinking of using slick 50 power steering repair fluid, anybody got any comments on that ?

cc

I would fix it properly

• 3 years later...

This is a first for me, but I'm going to have to change my steering fluid. I see the IS200 isDetron 2 or 3, but does anyone know how much I'll need for a complete change? thanks folks