Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Misfire

Ryan2311

mine is still misfiring its having a continuity test this week i think how thats you spell it lol its driving me mad

Hi ryan. are you any closer to finding the problem with the misfire?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Ryan.

I have had exact same problem with my car and spent hundreds of pounds with local garage which had all the test gear.

I paid for a new set of plugs, then a new set of coils and still had the same problem.

I paid up and was told to take it to an Lexus dealer. Great.

Found the problem myself in the end and it took me 5 minutes. Number 4 fuel injector.

Its very easy to check your injectors, Get or in my case barrow an electric multi tester and disconnect each plug one at a time and check fuel injectors resistence. Mine were all reading 17, except number four which read 0. I checked mine when the engine was hot. If you were to check when the car is cold you may find that the bad injector may only read 5 which is why the car runs for 20 minutes and then starts missing when it gets hot. Have got one on order and an sure this will sort the problem.

Trouble with machanics these days is they are now just fitters and dont look for problems manually like they did in the old days.

Garages just want to plug you in and throw parts at it. Im a builder not a machanic.

Hope this was helpfull Mike.

two things on top of my mind -

check fuel injector as mentioned & the current readout from the coil pack connecter. should be between 9-14 volts.

if one of them weak the follow that route to problem.

I came across one with ecu fault misfiring. very rare case but took weeks finding the prob.

• 6 years later...

Hi I got 2004 is 200 auto fault code multiple misfire and cylinder 2 3 and 6 changed plugs and coil packs no better when cold goes lovely but when it gets warm it starts to misfire 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links