Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tree Sap

long story short i now have to park under trees where i live. Ive already noticed a heavy case of tree sap small hard rain drop type marks all over. I want to know if this will damage my paint work in the long run or if i just wash regularly which i already do it will be fine?

I had this problem in our old house. The drive was covered with trees.

I ended up washing the car every other day. I got told sap is not good for the paintwork and can leave permanent marks. Also cos it was parked under trees it would be covered in bird doo doo every single morning!!!

I'll tell ya mate, it gets really annoying when you work hard to shine the car up and then after just an hour of it parked on the drive it's covered in tree sap and bird droppings! And every single morning before work cleaning the bird cr*p off.....

FFS. thanks for breaking this news to me Chris. as of now i wash my car every week and it stays cleans and only just managed to keep on top of bird crap now and thats not parking under trees!.My neighbors being a right *****! she claims she has the spot ive been parking in for 2 years written in her deeds all of a sudden but she also said/slipped she wanted to park there because she just bought a new car and wanted to see it from her house. so which is it?! not to mention if i bought a bran new 13 plate Toyota Eygo ide want it to get stolen. dont get me started on that!

There is another spot not under trees but its a bit of a walk lol its going to have to do though.

Thanks

A big tree overhangs my drive as well so I feel your pain. :glare:

Simple washing only will keep your car clean and will help, but it won't really protect your paintwork. Even with regular washing, the sap and whatever else will eventually become embedded in the paint and need to be clayed or polished out.

Ideally, you'll want to get some sort of wax or sealant on there so it's not an issue.

A big tree overhangs my drive as well so I feel your pain. :glare:

Simple washing only will keep your car clean and will help, but it won't really protect your paintwork. Even with regular washing, the sap and whatever else will eventually become embedded in the paint and need to be clayed or polished out.

Ideally, you'll want to get some sort of wax or sealant on there so it's not an issue.

I use Autoglym SRP every 3 months or so. Do i apply wax over the polish? if so how often

Yeah, SRP has some wax-like properties, but it won't last long on it's own and ought to be topped-off with a proper sealant. Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection works very well in tandem with SRP. A layer of that would keep your paintwork sealed for about a couple of months at least.

Yeah I was washing and waxing the car every other day. If I left it for say a week, it was a nightmare to get clean.

As for your neighbour Pete, if I'd been parking there for 2 years then I would continue to park there and tell her to shove it! If it meant the difference between my lex getting covered in sap and bird doo or not then I would be less than polite to her :lol:

Tell her you want to see her deed or whatever outlining the parking space...