Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remote Wont Lock/unlock

Hi i have a is200 and until yesterday my 3 button key remote was working fine i unlocked my car drove it got out tried to lock it and nothing happened i changed the Battery the little red light blinks when i press all 3 buttons but it still wont lock/unlock car . As i already unlocked the car could i lock/unlock it without the alarm going off .Do any of you have any idea to what could be wrong please.

Sounds like your key has become un coded from the car. Does the key start the car? Don't know how this happens but it's happened to me as well. Do you have a spare key? Not good just to have 1 key. If you loose all keys to this car it's an absolute nightmare!!

You can re code the key to the car by following the pedal dance routine on this thread

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/topic/81219-one-key-not-starting-the-car/?fromsearch=1

As for locking your car without the alarm going off while your key doesn't work.... Get out of the car and using the button on the drivers electric window panel lock all the doors. This will lock all the doors except the drivers door. Now simply lock the drivers door with the key. The car will be locked but the alarm will not be armed. The immobiliser will still be on tho...

hi thanks for replying i am using the spare key now as my other key fell apart when i started the car one day . The key im using at the moment does start the car its just the remote that isnt working .

yes its the master key 3 buttons , And this happened last night so i have waited a few hours i left it unlocked all night it wound me up didn't want to lock it in case i couldn't turn off alarm.

So now you know how to lock the car if the remote doesn't work without arming the alarm as I put in my first reply. So you'll never be in that position again of having to leave your car unlocked all night.

Good news that it's a masterkey. Should have no problem coding it back to the car using the door dance method.

Good Luck :)

Ok here you go:-

To programme the door (and boot) opening of the remote:

Start with the driver's door open.

Insert a working Master Key (3 button) in to ignition, turn to on, then off and remove.

Lock, then unlock all the doors using the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door FIVE TIMES (lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock)

Close drivers door, then re-open.

Lock, then unlock anotheR FIVE TIMES, exactly as before.

Insert your new key into the ignition and turn to on, then off agAin and remove.

The door locks will then start operating.

While they are clicking away,hold down the lock button on the new key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times. Then release and press unlock button once.

The doors will lock and unlock once...and ure done!

No it won't mess anything up. I failed a few times at doing this. It can get frustrating!

• 4 years later...
On 08/06/2013 at 0:45 PM, ChrisIS200SportTTE said:

Ok here you go:-

To programme the door (and boot) opening of the remote:

Start with the driver's door open.

Insert a working Master Key (3 button) in to ignition, turn to on, then off and remove.

Lock, then unlock all the doors using the POWER LOCK button on the drivers door FIVE TIMES (lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock lock unlock)

Close drivers door, then re-open.

Lock, then unlock anotheR FIVE TIMES, exactly as before.

Insert your new key into the ignition and turn to on, then off agAin and remove.

The door locks will then start operating.

While they are clicking away,hold down the lock button on the new key and press the unlock button on the key 5 times. Then release and press unlock button once.

The doors will lock and unlock once...and ure done!

No it won't mess anything up. I failed a few times at doing this. It can get frustrating!

My master key has stopped opening my doors and boot and won't set my immobiliser either but it turns the engine on. Turns out my spare is the same. Is this method supposed to work? I can't get it to work. 

"The door locks will then start operating" on their own or by me pressing something?

"While they are clicking away" I need to ask if I'm doing this right. She's ups I be locking and unlocking a third time? Should I be doing two things at the same time? I don't know how I'll lock my car tonight. 

Should I be holding down the lock button at the same time as pressing unlock 5 times?

• 6 months later...

Hello fellas

I own a 2000 IS200 and my problem is that the lock sometimes obey and sometimes do not obey the key-less entry. I changed the Battery of my remote but the problem continues. I also used the key to open the doors by inserting it in the drivers side but some locks obey and other do not. The same problem occurs when I am inside the car and try to lock it from my door, some work and some locks do not. 

My idea is to change the Drivers side actuator, I got the part number and is 69120-53030 but I need to be sure.

Any ideas what might be the problem or what part should I change?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...