Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retro Fitted Cruise Control

Wass

My CT base model arrived with no cruise control, heated seats, mirrors etc as one might expect from the base model. Having covered 25,000 miles, something I missed on the longer journeys and also on those long drags through miles and miles of speed camera'd areas was cruise control.

I recently discovered that on many CTs which weren't fitted with cruise control, most of the necessary equipment was already fitted to the car and all which was really missing was the cruise control operating switch assembly. A quick chat with Antony Wilson at Lookers at Lexus Hatfield had the necessary parts on order ready to be fitted when the car would be car booked in for a service. ( since I bought the car at 5,000 miles and immediately had it serviced, my service intervals occur 5000 miles too early and so at 25000 miles , the 30,000 mile service was due).

The car arrived back with me today with an operational cruise control. Lookers staff confirm that the cruise control operates exactly as they would expect. I am extremely pleased with the outcome.

I would recommend anyone who is interested to contact AntonyWilson@lookers.co.uk and I am sure that he will be happy to advise the cost of parts and labour to carry out the upgrade.

Hi Wass

The retro cruise control sounds like an option I would like to have fitted on our ct200h.

However we live don't live in Britain, is it possible you could give me an idea of cost to have this done before I trouble our local dealer (who isn't that helpful).

Cheers Michael

An e mail to Antony Wilson at Lookers in Hatfield will answer your question, You might even be able to get his advice on the correct part numbers required for the job too. I don't have the paperwork. Theres also an article on the American CT200 forum which mentions some prices in America and gives some part numbers too.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info Geoff. I got in touch with Anthony Wilson who gave me details and contacted our local dealer with the info and have now had the cruise control fitted. And it works a treat.

Glad you were able to get it sorted out Michael. Both myself and Lookers staff were surprised to find that the total amount of parts required for the retro fit were so few. The job was also a lot more simple than they anticipated too. It makes me wonder how many other systems may be present as standard in the base models but simply missing a switch.

• 4 months later...

Just had cruise control fitted last week (thanks Geof) at my local Chester dealer after a friendly email from Antony Wilson at Lookers. So pleased to have this back on my car. A worthwhile addition to the CT.

Gerry

Just had cruise control fitted last week (thanks Geof) at my local Chester dealer after a friendly email from Antony Wilson at Lookers. So pleased to have this back on my car. A worthwhile addition to the CT.

Gerry

Terrific Gerry. I find cruise control to be a very useful tool too. Cant help wondering whether retro fitting it is cheaper than ordering a car with it already fitted. I reckon it is because I don't have to put up with paying for gizmos I don't want but which come with those models fitted with cruise control as standard. Pity Lexus didn't market a version with cloth seats, cruise control, a space saver tyre and doors which stay locked when I walk past the car. Too much to hope for ha ha! :)

I totally agree with you Geoff.

These things should be 'standard' considering how much Lexus cars cost in the first place.

I would like to have the wing mirrors automatic retractable when the ignition is turned off and a switch to do the same when in narrow situations while manoeuvring.

May I ask how much you were charged for the cruise control retrofit?

You can ask Dan, but I don't remember, I don't have the type of memory which has room for such information. I remember what I owe and what I am owed but once a bill is paid, it is forgotten. I don't even remember how much I paid for the car, suffice to say it isn't nicked:) :D

Mine was £175 + the vat. Money well spent though.

do you have the part numbers for the items that are needed for the retro fit

L84632-34011 Switch, A/Drive

L84633-48020 Switch, Cruise C

L45186-76010-0C0 Cover Steering

L90159-50199 Screw (qty 2)

That was all that was required.

Gerry

• Like 1

Mine was £175 + the vat. Money well spent though.

do you have the part numbers for the items that are needed for the retro fit

L84632-34011 Switch, A/Drive

L84633-48020 Switch, Cruise C

L45186-76010-0C0 Cover Steering

L90159-50199 Screw (qty 2)

That was all that was required.

Gerry

hi gerry

i have now ordered the parts for the retrofit of cruise control all parts should be at chester by tuesday so hopefully by friday it will be up and running.

when i asked them they replied we have done a retrofit just a short while ago and they had all your details to hand with the part numbers they are

charging me the same as you £210 inc vat

thanks again gerry

hi all

i've had the cruise control fitted now for just 24hrs and its been brill,and just as you expect everything works as it should i have to say that its a bit wierd not driving with the pedals as its the first car i've had with cruise fitted,especially when going up hills and it accelerates with no input from you.

a big thank-you for everyones help and advise

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Fitted mine over the weekend & works fine. £125 & 30 mins to fit.

I find it strange the way the display on the cluster defaults to a blank screen when setting cruise control. Wonder if this can be changed to display set MPH or not default??

When do you use your Cruise Control?

I never find it very useful, except for perhaps setting it to 40 mph through the motorway roadworks. But I tend not to drive long distances on the motorway.

I tended to get too close to the car in front because I didn’t want to deactivate it. Now Adaptive Cruise Control may be more useful…

Paul

When do you use your Cruise Control?

I never find it very useful, except for perhaps setting it to 40 mph through the motorway roadworks. But I tend not to drive long distances on the motorway.

I tended to get too close to the car in front because I didn’t want to deactivate it. Now Adaptive Cruise Control may be more useful…

Paul

I use mine as you say in road works ( e.g. on motorway and speed limit reduced due to road works ) & normal dual carriageway driving. Adaptive cruise is expensive to fit & add as an option but it is better than standard cruise.

I just use the + & - on switch to adjust my speed if I need to. Well worth the £125 in parts, plus will hopefully add a bit of value when I come to sell.

when i come home from work i use it on the last part of my journey as it is mainly downhill and it keeps me at 30mph and also on the batteries for the last mile,its great since i dont have to think about keeping my speed constant.

only just come home from work now.