Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retro Fitted Cruise Control

Wass

hi guys, just ordered my CT200h SE and registered here. can i ask if anyone has completed this retrofit on an MY14 model car please?

i was all set ready to order the parts and do the job but have since realised i think these comments refer to earlier models where the cruise controls are built into the steering wheel and not the stalk in the column like the MY14.

i hope i still have an option to somehow retrofit this............

thanks in advance

dan

i was all set ready to order the parts and do the job but have since realised i think these comments refer to earlier models where the cruise controls are built into the steering wheel and not the stalk in the column like the MY14.

Hi Dan, welcome to the forum.

I am not sure if you require the same parts on your model as on mine (your dealer would be able to check for you) but just letting you know that the cruise controls are not on the steering wheel. They are on a new stalk which is added to the column at about the five o'clock position. Can't see it being different on the new models.

Gerry

• 5 months later...

Hi Guys,

Do you know if I can get this done in Manchester?

I asked my local dealer in Manchester who advised it causes issues with the display on the dashboard. It does not display the MPG properly.

Many thanks

Jon

your car doesn't display your mpg properly as standard it always says your getting more mpg than you actually are ,i had mine retro fitted by lexus chester by cheshire oaks retail park it takes them about 45mins to fit it, in total it cost £208 it works perfectly no issues and i had it fitted december 2012.

lexus chester 0151 355 5555

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the update, its really not far from where I am. I think I'll give them a ring. The Lexus in Manchester advised me to Part exch my car instead and get one with Cruise Control...thought it was a little over the top for just cruise control.

Many thanks

Jon

Jonathan, it is really easy to retrofit CC, but if you do not feel confident doing it yourself and do not mind going to Stockport, get the parts and I would be happy to fit it for you. I see no point spending 100 pounds at dealership for this job.

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate that big time!

The Lexus After sales manager messaged me back to advise they will be bale to fit it and what his colleague advised me originally was wrong.

I definitely am not confident fitting this myself as I haven't a clue where to start.

I'll see how much they will charge for it first.

Peter, I'm assuming you fit it yourself? do you work for Lexus? give you credit for that mate!

Cheers Jon

Yes, I have retrofitted CC on my own. No, I do not work for Lexus, working on cars is my hobby, have done it for years - suspensions, diagnostic, electric. Have retrofitted self dimming mirrors, CC, heated seats , parking sensors etc. in many cars for me and my friends. Always happy to help and meet other club members :)

I fitted mine myself. Parts cost £125 & took me 30 mins to fit.

Display does default to blank when switching on cruise, but press display button & it reverts to what was previously displayed.

Wouldn't be without mine now.

Hi Guys,

Do you know if I can get this done in Manchester?

I asked my local dealer in Manchester who advised it causes issues with the display on the dashboard. It does not display the MPG properly.

Many thanks

Jon

The MPG not displaying properly as reported by the dealer probably refers to the MPG read out needing to be paged through to display MPG when the cruise control is activated. If you don't take any notice of the mpg while the cruise control is activated is doesnt matter since the mpg automatically reinstates its display when the cruise control is de-activated by pressing the brake pedal or cancel button. The dealer didn't report accurately in saying that it causes issues. It doesn't cause issues.

200H correctly reports that your mpg read out is inaccurate in its standard format as with so many other vehicles trip computer read outs. This is more noticeable on cars which are being sold as being fuel efficient since the inaccuracies of the display enhance the vehicle raison d'etre somewhat more obviously than it would on a more thirsty vehicle.

UK Lexus dealers are mostly in the dark about this little modification since Lexus haven't chosen to train them on it. When Lexus Hatfield did mine it was their first and they were genuinely surprised that it worked straight out of the box with no software modifications necessary.

There is a CT200h steering wheel with CC on eBay at the moment for 70 quid delivered. Not my auction, just thought somebody could be interested, as you get the parts 50 quid cheaper than from the dealer and after fitting CC there is still steering wheel to sell. Just in case ask the seller about details and / or better quality picture.

• 1 month later...

I fitted mine myself. Parts cost £125 & took me 30 mins to fit.

Display does default to blank when switching on cruise, but press display button & it reverts to what was previously displayed.

Wouldn't be without mine now.

Adam if you fit it yourself in 30 minutes is it that easy ie removing the cover of the steering column and just plugging in to the wire harness that will be there or is it more complicated?

Many thanks

Disconnect battery first.

Switch is fitted to steering wheel and requires airbag removal. Whip off side covers and behind there are 2 clips which release airbag.

Then its a simple secure switch, connect, refit airbag and reconnect battery.

Many thanks

Adam.

Disconnect battery first.

Switch is fitted to steering wheel and requires airbag removal. Whip off side covers and behind there are 2 clips which release airbag.

Then its a simple secure switch, connect, refit airbag and reconnect battery.

Many thanks

Adam.

Collecting parts tomorrow and will hopefully fitting in the week when I get some time.

If you need any help etc, let me know. You should be fine though.

Hopefully if the weather is ok I will be having a go in the morning.

Cheers

Many thanks to Adam for the information on parts numbers needed etc, I had a slight problem finding the 3 clips to remove the airbag but I fitted the switch in about 45 minutes and would recommend anyone to fit it there selves and save between £75-£100 rather than paying for Lexus to do it.

• 2 months later...