Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retro Fitted Cruise Control

Wass

Lexus Hatfield retro-fitted my CC a couple of weeks ago in about 15 mins.  Works perfectly; much easier to stick to (e.g. around) the limit on the motorway now.  Whilst I was paying the younger service guy fessed up that he wasn't aware it could be done; his older colleague gave a knowing look.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 7:44 AM, pshawfocus said:

Lexus Hatfield retro-fitted my CC a couple of weeks ago in about 15 mins.  Works perfectly; much easier to stick to (e.g. around) the limit on the motorway now.  Whilst I was paying the younger service guy fessed up that he wasn't aware it could be done; his older colleague gave a knowing look.

Lexus Hatfield fitted cruise control to my CT some years ago, however, I believe that the business has changed hands since.

Bruce in parts @ Hatfield Lexus organised it all for me.  He knew the part numbers and then passed me over to the service team to book the car in.  Got there, handed over keys, checked emails, had a coffee, paid and left.  Smooth, simple and efficient, just like a Lexus should be :-)  

• 1 year later...

Evening guys. I just purchased a CT the other day and to my surprise it didn't have cc. After researching and reading up about retrofitting a cc on my CT I realized it could be done. I'm in Kent and I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the right direction of finding a Lexus dealer that could do it as I called my local dealer and they said it can't be done.

daniel just fit it yourself and save your money

here is a link for fitting on a toyota 20 minutes works

i didnt disconnect the Battery as i didnt disconnect the airbag wiring

due to me turning the steering wheel through 180 degrees this way you can lower the airbag out of the way

• Like 1

Thanks for the video Mark. I am very tempted to do it myself as found a steering wheel on eBay complete with the switch and everything but I am a bit worried about doing something wrong and pop the airbag in the process. 😬😬😬

I actually tried another dealer and they said they will contact Lexus head office about this as they never heard about this before and according to their knowledge it can not be done if it wasn't factory fitted. 

Gotta be the easiest retro fit for cruise I know of. I retro fitted CC on my Mondeo and it was a right palaver.

Check this process out in comparison to the one shown in the video above!!

https://www.fordwiki.co.uk/index.php?title=Cruise_Control_Retro_Fit_-_Petrol_Models

Well chuffed when it actually worked and use it as much as poss now.

paul m.

14 minutes ago, DanielMusat said:

I actually tried another dealer and they said they will contact Lexus head office about this as they never heard about this before and according to their knowledge it can not be done if it wasn't factory fitted. 

When you say you spoke to another dealer, I guess you only got to speak to someone who's job it is to answer phones and not the person with the spanners! Having read this thread and seen the video then I wouldn't have much faith in that dealerships answers to technical questions!

paul m.

5 minutes ago, DanielMusat said:

That's encouraging. Is it as straight as plug and go?!

What the Toyota/Lexus or the Mondeo? 

The Toyota/Lexus looks a piece of cake compared to the Mondeo.

paul m.

I'm talking about the Lexus, Paul. I've watched a video last night on YouTube about installing cc on a Prius and apart from installing the switch they've done something to the brake pedal. I'm hoping this is not the case with Lexus. 

Dunno about the Lexus, but on the Mondeo the Brake pedal had to have an extra switch fitted to disable the CC, this was achieved by splicing into the loom, but you may/may not have to do this.

Read this thread from the start and it makes no mention of anything to do with break pedal, check parts list posted at post 4 or 5 and check this link out also.

https://www.ct200hforum.com/forum/lexus-ct200h-general-discussion-forum/118233-cruise-control-installation-imgs.html

paul m.

the brake pedal will already have a connection to an ecu so the regen

will work when the brake pedal is pressed this is probably used to disable

the CC

I would ( and did) get amongst it and retro fitted CC that was very much more involved than this method, But, and a big but is if you are not confident on working with your cars critical components, then I advocate getting someone 'qualified' to do it.

But yes read this thread from the top again to gleen more info.

paul m.

Thank you all for replying. I just managed to find a dealer who would do it. This was the 4th dealer I contacted and the first who said it could be done. Lexus Hatfield said it would cost me £262 all in. 

If you are happy to pay that amount to get this function then there you go!

gotta say that price would irk me for the amount of work involved and the technical ability required but hey you'll get coffee and biccy's at the Lexus stealers.

paul m.

Hahahaha that's true Paul. That's the only thing that kinda got me thinking.....why should I spend over £250 when I could do it myself and save that money. I found a steering wheel on eBay with the cc switch for £40. The only positive about having it done by a dealer is that if anything goes wrong I can go back to them. 

buy it off eBay then just use the switch from it

do it yourself dont waste your money

to be honest there is nothing to go wrong its just an on / off switch