Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx 450H (09) Ride.

Hi all I am new to Lexus and have Purchased a RX 450h (09) with 19in wheels and find the
ride a bit hard after my Merc E Class which I had for the last 8 years. Any suggestion to improve the
riide? or should I have gone for one with air suspension?

Morning,

congrats on your purchase.

One thing that i found is to check your tyre pressures are correct. Make sure what they should be by looking in your

handbook.

When i bought my RX400h 07 reg ( normal suspension , not the air type ) i thought the ride was hard till i checked the tyre pressures and found they were way over what they should have been (Lexus Nottingham.hmmmm)

they should be 33psi on mine on speeds below 112mph

Now i have them blown up to the right pressures it makes a world of difference to the ride quality so try that.

ja

Yeah that's what I have read too. If you look at the Bridgestone Potenzas fitted to the RX400H 18 inch wheels they are like balloons but they make for a lovely ride.

I was going to give up on Lexus SUVs after trying both the sprung and air versions of the 450H but then tried my pal's 400H and found the ride quite acceptable. Sorry to be the bearer of that news but I think you are stuck with the problem. Finding some 18 inch wheels and fitting fatter tyres will probably help, but you'd need to check with your insurance I guess.

I would be interested to hear if you get it sorted because in a couple of years I may be looking for a 450H (but only if I can improve the ride)

Mike

I've had my RX 450h for four weeks now. The ride is firmer than my GS 300 but that's not surprising because the centre of gravity is higher and I'd otherwise be rolling like mad when cornering. I find it's better to avoid the bumps where possible!

• 1 month later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links